Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is Delphi Switching To An All Zeta Fo...   Administrative Issues

Started 2/7/18 by RCBZ; 2549 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/7/18

Cstar1 said:

However, all new development and any new features offered will be in the Zeta format, so Classic forums will not be able to use them.

Except for Zeta chat and the PMs... :D

Cstar1
Staff

2/8/18

Was talking about forum features. :)

In reply toRe: msg 2
RCBZ

2/8/18

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll pass that along. Sad to see Delphi phasing out the classic view....

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cstar1
Staff

2/8/18

RCBZ said:

Sad to see Delphi phasing out the classic view....

Think of it more that Classic is frozen in time, because it can't structurally handle newer coding that newer features require. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
RedBV

2/8/18

How 'bout a list of "features" that supposedly can't be done in the classic platform . . .

In reply toRe: msg 7
Cstar1
Staff

2/8/18

Off the top of my head, here are some of them:

Live Stories

Bookmarked messages

Like a message

Multiple recipients to a message

Tag someone in a message with @

Import/Export color themes

Easy background images

Multiple forum Wizards

Announcements

I'm sure there are others as well, but those are the first things I thought of.

In reply toRe: msg 8
RedBV

2/8/18

In classic can - like a message, that has been around for several years, have been able to do color themes for years, same with background images . . . 

I am specifically asking what features can only be coded by using the new zeta platform . . . that are not able to be coded under the classic platform . . . and not that it is easier under zeta to code something . . . but specifically can't be done in classic . . .

For example - under classic assist wizards have been around for years . . . when you say multiple wizards - are you saying that a zeta forum can have multiple wizards that can exert the very same control over all controls of forum . . . if that is the case, then Delphi has made it possible for non forum owners to lock out forum owners . . .

As another example - a number of years back modified an owned forum with CSS . . . some things that could be done with CSS, Delphi didn't allow to be done . . . not unlike, over the years, some HTML was blocked . . . along with various widgets (so ta say) were blocked from use . . .

Anyway . . .

In reply toRe: msg 9
Cstar1
Staff

2/8/18

It's up to you which interface you use in your forums. If you prefer Classic, that's just fine. Personally, I much prefer Zeta. :)

• Edited February 8, 2018 9:23 pm  by  Cstar1
RedBV

2/9/18

Yes it is, and like many forum owners prefer classic . . . it's a shame it is being phased out, as it was and still is the best platform Delphi has had . . . 

In reply toRe: msg 11
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/9/18

What Classic feature has your forum lost? What is being phased out?