Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Members kicked accidently   Chat

Started Nov-2 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 573 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Nov-2

I have a member who was kicked from the chat room accidentally last night. I checked to be sure that  he was not locked out and everything with his account looks fine in the controls but he continues to get the message telling him he can't come and chat. The members name is

There was one other person that was kicked at the same time and I checked and everything is fine with their account also yet she can not return as well. her name is catlover03

I told them to log out even had them reboot but they still can not get in. Can you help me please..

edited to add they CAN get in our One on One support room but NOT the main support room

Sassy webtag comfortplace

gunter

Nov-2

Kicking shouldn't last for a day. I see where you assigned Voice and both members logged in again after your message here, are there changes.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Nov-2

they are STILL getting that message telling them they can not join us in the main chat room Gunter. I will ask them both to try yet again. Thanks

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Nov-2

*Hearts That Hear* Mental Health Support Chat
Welcome Mr_Vegas21 You are not allowed to chat in this room is the message that both are getting as of 30 seconds ago

gunter

Nov-2

Have you tried unbanning /unban membername

In reply toRe: msg 6
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Nov-2

No because the controls do not indicate that they are in fact still banned but I will try your suggestion now, I will let you know~

In reply toRe: msg 8
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Nov-2

That did the trick so now please explain how someone with voice and not locked out of the Forum in the controls can still be banned in the chat room?

I have never had that happen to me in 18 years but I don't ban people from the chat room, remove them yes.

Thinking about it NOW that could be a nice feature to have. LOL

It was a new staff member that accidentally place the ban. All is good now a learning lesson for all involved.

Thank you for your wisdom!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-2

I'm new(ish) to this so bear with me...

Which of these options did you choose?

I think the chat command Gunter gave you /unban membername is the only way to undo it. This is new?