Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat logs not working   Chat

Started 11/10/18 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 1459 views.

Hey Sassy, you were turning off logs for a reason! 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/15/18

I was told by Cstar quite some time ago that if a bot was in the room the log would run non stop so~ I always turn it off anytime I am ready to open our chat for the evening honey. That way I'm sure that the evening chat is in fact logged. Thank you for looking into the issue. YOUR the BESTEST!

(((love&hugs))) Sassy

So the chat logs are currently showing in your controls?

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/16/18

Yes Mame they sure are! :) Not sure why the dates are scrambled instead of being in order. Maybe because some of them are not in the main support room? The rest all follow the days of the month except for those few??? odd to me at least.

((((love&hugs))))

Sassy

Oh weird lol I’ll have a looksie in the morning, glad they are showing though thumbsup

MsNuttyOne

11/17/18

Kid in our chat room the bot has not been logging the chat room.  I have been reading all these messages and did everything but boot the bot.  can you possibly HELP? lol

gunter

11/17/18

Looks to be working after I did a /log off first, then turned it on again /log on .  It's on now.

If it was running for long period it may have gotten overloaded? Best to turn it off when not needed else it stays on all the time with a bot in the room.

I recall this being a problem with Live Stories a long while ago and seems to not be now. 

Is it possible the chat log can be tweaked so this does not happen? Seems odd that it’s over loading when the room is likely empty for a good portion and doesn’t have anything to log. 

MsNuttyOne

11/18/18

Thank you Gunter.  Am learning as I go lol