Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Access to private folder   Administrative Issues

Started 12/18/18 by Glyn (Traveller75); 254 views.
Glyn (Traveller75)

12/18/18

Hello,

For some odd reason, one of my members at my forum said he has access to one of my private folders? I checked forum management and set privileges and everything's clear and doesn't show that I've given access to a private folder to him. Not sure what's going on? He stated on a PM of what was going on. I also tried to send him a PM but his profile doesn't have the "send personal message" thing? Wanted to let someone know what's going on. Here's the link to my forum:

https://forums.delphiforums.com/wssf

~GLYN~

gunter

12/18/18

I see you recently made changes to folders. When first setting folders private, members who were in the forum will have access until they have logged out. It's best not to use folders like that for critical info for a couple of days.

When there is no PM link in someone's Profile the member has member to member email turned off in Preferences. See if  you can email via the link in Set Privileges when you bring up his name. Ask him to log out. close browser.

Another possibility is that someone with access is passing on details.

let us know how it goes ...

• Edited December 18, 2018 3:05 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 2
Glyn (Traveller75)

12/18/18

Good Morning Gunter and thanks for your help!

I'll let you know how it goes.

~GLYN~

In reply toRe: msg 3
Glyn (Traveller75)

12/21/18

Good Morning Gunter,

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. Everything's fine now and working good. Take care and thanks again and hope your holidays are good!

~GLYN~

gunter

12/21/18

good to hear ...