Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Does TOS delete all posts by spammer?   Administrative Issues

Started Dec-31 by EdGlaze; 297 views.
EdGlaze

Dec-31

I know TOS can globally gag and lock out spammers when they find them but what about the posts they already made?

Does TOS sometimes delete all posts by a spammer across all forums?

When I get spam posts I gag and lock out the poster then I edit the post and substitute on-topic content.

Since mine is an education forum, I keep a list of every discussion in one of my forums for reference and while updating it I noticed a recent discussion was deleted and I don't recall doing it.

Unfortunately the deletion left no clue as to what the substituted content was so I cannot repost it, thus my forum is worse off for the deletion.

gunter

Jan-1

When there is massive spamming across a number of forums we do delete, especially when the posts may upset members.

In reply toRe: msg 2
RCBZ

Jan-18

gunter said...

When there is massive spamming across a number of forums we do delete, especially when the posts may upset members.

Do you let the host know before you do that?

In reply toRe: msg 3
WaltHowe
Staff

Jan-18

No, we do not inform hosts before system-wide deletions of a spammer's messages. We have no way of knowing all the forums that have been posted in, but the software finds it anyway.

RCBZ

Jan-22

I was thinking deletions in a specific forum, but I understand the reasoning for not doing it in a system wide deletion, thanks for the info