Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New user bypassed waiting period   Administrative Issues

Started Jan-5 by Keith Higdon (KeithHigdon); 83 views.

I had a user come on my forum this morning who was able to bypass my 24 waiting period for new members and was able to start several inane spam threads.  When I went to try and edit or delete the messages in question, none of those features were available to me (the only option was to feature them).  I ended up deleting the threads and putting the user on probation (pending further action), but I was curious how something like this can happen and if there's any other settings I can use to protect from this sort of thing?

gunter

Jan-5

Haven't heard of this happening before. PM me with the membername and which forum and I'll check some more.

There's a chance that this person was given voice long ago and has since changed their nickname to one that you don't recognize. If you click on their profile it should say when their first visit to your forum was.