Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

…step by step... forum tranfer   Administrative Issues

Started 2/8/19 by thebaron (albinahlvin); 308 views.

hi there….
for future need's….WHEN that time come's that we should change host on our forum,
it would be great to get a "step by step" instruction for that work….
i know that there's some info on the "control-folder"….
info about correct order to change email-adress, change wizzard (an' how to do it, such as where to find the W)
yes….when i became Wizzard i did it but that was back in 2011….(memory fail)
as mentioned….it AIN'T gonna happend in nearby future, but for the reason i ask….
i shall make a paper-copy an' put in my "treasure-box" so wife can 
do it….the day i'm not around anymore….(YES, i make plans when/if i "hit the wall"….)
i might be the only one that think THAT far into the future…..BUT….ya never know,
it could happned in a blink of an eye)
 a BIG ol' thank's in advance….an' a wish of a pleasant weekend

//albin.sweden.
host of the 
http://forums.delphiforums.com/BGBB1
forum

gunter

2/8/19

If you're not around when the time comes, we have to do the transfer. You can email service@delphiforums.com with intructions, subject: Forum Succession, and we'll keep it in records.

Best to make possible successors Assistants in the forum so they can take over easily.

In reply toRe: msg 2

so far so good…
but what about if i would do the transfer earlier….
(when i'm still around…..a more "planned" transfer)

gunter

2/8/19

When both new and old owner are DelphiPlus members, do the  transfer in Controls, Forum Ownership.

Else we need to do it, post name and forum here or email service@delphiforums.com.

planning is good ...

In reply toRe: msg 4

thank you, i’ll send service an email...