Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Public Or Private?   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Feb-11 by Don22222; 90 views.
Don22222

Feb-11

This is what is in the 'Forum Access  Control' section under 'Public Or Private'

"When this is set to "Public," your forum is open to all. When this is set to "Private," access is restricted to those you've specifically invited, those who can provide the Group Access Code (which you can set below) on their first visit, and those who visited your forum before it became private."

This is ambiguous in the last part after the last comma in that it does not differentiate between those that visited and those that signed up before the forum went private. Is it meaning that only those that signed up before it went private can see the forum with the password on first visit or that any that visited the forum before it went private can still see it even without membership in that forum?

• Edited February 11, 2019 2:49 pm  by  Don22222
gunter

Feb-11

Anyone who entered the forum before it was set to Private will continue having access without having to use the code. Only newcomers will need the code or be invited in Contols for their first entry

In reply toRe: msg 2
Don22222

Feb-11

By  enter the forum do you mean signed in before it went private or just entered without signing in only to read?

• Edited February 11, 2019 3:31 pm  by  Don22222
gunter

Feb-11

Everyone needs to sign in first.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Don22222

Feb-11

Thank you that is what I was wondering as some that knew about the forum but did not join before it went private were reading and copy/past to other places. Did not want them to have access to read.

Thanks again,

Don if the membership you want to have access is not too large make all your folders private and grant them access. Then go about locking out the trouble makers.

Or open a brand new forum and make it private from the get go.

You are correct about the wording - it is meant I guess, for when you first set up.

Don22222

Feb-11

At this point all the members are of one mind and not in fear of the troublemakers. I just read the part that I posted while looking up stuff and wanted to make sure.