Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Staff Member can not do anything in the controls   Control Center

Started Feb-12 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 890 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-12

My Assistant Manager, editor, chat moderator,  can  not kick someone out of the room when it is necessary. I have been in the hospital for the last week and the person I put in charge of the room tried several times to kick out problem visitors. She was NOT able to accomplish that even though I have checked the privileges and they have taken.

She did post in here but never got any response that helped her get the issue resolved. Yes, she can kick someone out if she manually types everything out however that takes a lot of time to accomplish! Mean while the troll is allowed to keep on with his words of filth, much to my members disgust! People get triggered and upset and at times it gets to the point that people must leave for their own well being~ this is NOT acceptable to me nor any of my Forums members!

I have no clue what the issue actually is but I sure hope someone at Delphi can get to the bottom of this issue before someone get hurts badly.

I don't know if its pertinent or not but~ this person uses Google Chrome to come to Delphi. Her name is Gaelspirit, the Forums name is *Hearts* That Hear Mental Health Support, web tag comfortplace.

If someone can look into this issue I would sure appreciate it a ton~ as she is a very valued asset to the Forum and one I sure don't want to lose ever! This issue has caused problems for her for far to long. She is a Delphi Plus member also.

Thanks so much,

Sassy

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-12

Hi Sassy - can you put the room on moderation? I'm guessing you'd rather not as you are a help room. I'm sorry this is not working well for Gaelspirit! She has the correct privileges an ad blocker may be the culprit. She should not need it on Delphi, ask her if she is using one to white list delphiforums.com.

Gaelspirit

Feb-13

Thanx for the reply Kid! I may be using an ad blocker, not sure where to look for that. Can you direct me? Thank you! You mean the ad blocker just for Delphi, correct?? <Edited to add:  I found the Ad Blocker at the bottom of the screen, but just wanted to ask...if I remove the blocker, does that mean I'll be seeing ads all over Delphi? That's one reason I have Plus, to avoid that clutter. My main problem is in the chat rooms if I need to kick anyone or check a profile. I click on their name and the entire chat window gets funky and the name list falls to the bottom of the page. It happens at every forum I visit where I have ops, not just at Sassy's. I have tried clearing the cache, etc..same thing happens. Most of the time I do use Chrome as a browser. 

• Edited February 13, 2019 6:58 am  by  Gaelspirit
gunter

Feb-13

As a DelphiPlus member you won't see ads with or without a blocker. I assume you are entering rooms directly which works best, without checking java chat.

Is it any different with another browser?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Gaelspirit

Feb-13

I think I tried Firefox recently and had the same problem, but I will try it again tonite and see how it goes. Will update you!

In reply toRe: msg 4
Gaelspirit

Feb-13

Okay now I have another sort of related controls issue...I was trying to invite someone to my private forum and every time I tried to invite them I got the message that says "Ajax error". I am on firefox right now when I tried to invite the person to view a theme I created for her. Suggestions?

gunter

Feb-13

Checking more on the Ajax error, it's come up before.

In the meantime, you may want to set an access code to get people into the forum?

In reply toRe: msg 7
Gaelspirit

Feb-13

Okay, good idea.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-13

No sorry Kid I can't put the chat room on Moderation~ it simply won't work for my Forum. Hopefully the problems Gael is having can get resolved with the help of Gunter, yourself and anyone else that can be of help to her. She is a critically important member of my Forums staff, not to mention my best friend and she needs to be able to do what she wants to do within my Forum. Thanks so much for responding with all your wisdom.  I knew she had Delphi Plus so I never thought that she would be using an ad blocker on Delphi.

(((love & hugs )))

Sassy

Gaelspirit

Feb-14

Okay..this morning I tried using a different email address for her to enter the private forum, and got the Ajax error message again. I don't see anywhere that I can use an access code in the controls. I remember doing that years ago and it always showed a place to enter a code, but I'm not seeing this now. 

As far as the browser issues goes and chat commands, could possibly be the Chrome/Firefox thing..I used Firefox last nite for Delphi and looked up a couple member profiles while in chat, and it worked fine without messing up the chat window. I didn't have the opportunity to kick anyone tho, so won't know about that for a while possibly. I just don't understand why so many us who use Chrome should have such issues on this platform. :( 

Thanx for your help as always!