Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum Promotion   How to Promote Your Forum

Started Feb-15 by Revolution OG (revolutionog); 275 views.

I have read and used some of the suggestions on forum promotion. I have some additional questions.

1. Some chatroom and forums are promoted on the Delphi start page. We host frequent games and themed events in my room and I would like to be able to promote them in this way.

2. I would like to index my forum and have it come up on a google search. I am not a tech person so I will need help and/or specific instructions minus tech terminology.

Showtalk
Staff

Feb-15

Are you familiar with your forum Controls?  If so, go to the controls page and pick the first option at the top left of the column called Settings.

Open Name and descriptions and write two descriptions.  The long one appears in your indexing sedition.  The shorter one appears under the heading non your forum if it’s Zeta.

Then go down the same column to indexing and sharing.  You need a list of good keywords. If you need help, post a link to your forum and we can help you with those.  Then pick a category for your forum and select Update. You have to Update each option you fill in one at a time.

Showtalk
Staff

Feb-15

I found your forum and you already have a description, so you just need to index if you haven’t and to add keywords.

Yes thank you I did this. I would also like some information regarding advertising my room on Delphi.

Showtalk
Staff

Feb-15

You can run up to five promos at a time to let people know what is happening in your forum.

Are there instruction on how to do this somewhere.

gunter

Feb-16

Below each discussion on the message board is a link to promote the discussion, click there to see detailed instructions. There are more options in Controls under Forum Promotion.

You can run five promos at any one time. They should be unique, on different topics, and appropriate for general audiences since they'll show all over Delphi Forums.

Your forum url is

http://forums.delphiforums.com/otherchatroom

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 7

I promoted a discussion on my chatroom forum for our Nerd Trivia. I'm not  sure where the promotions appear. So I have two additional questions.

1. Where to the promotions appear.

2. On the Delphi Forums home page, is it possible for my room discussions to appear under 'what's hot, highlights from around Delphi.' I thought this would be where my promotion would appear but I don't see it. Perhaps it has to be reviewed first.

Thank you for your time.

gunter

Feb-17

Promos show all over the forums after they are posted, it's hard to catch your own since there are many promos. They are picked randomely from this list, when your promo shows there it is in distribution:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/dir-app/acx/activeContent.aspx?webtag=delphimbz&type=promos&fmt=html&count=999