Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Not getting e-mail notifications   Everything Else

Started 4/6/19 by srragland; 988 views.
WaltHowe
Staff

4/7/19

We are changing the way in which the notifications are sent. I don't know any more details than that.

srragland

4/7/19

Thanks Walt.

Good to hear. One comment that I read on the Comcast Support Forum mentioned that Comcast was blocking the notifications@mydelphi.com IP address...if that helps.

I have a test account here that has Comcast.net as its email address. I'll let you know if anything changes.

EDIT: Strange thing just happened. I logged into my test account and got a message that Delphi Forums was having a problem with my email. I went to My Preferences and checked the email address and I'd used Comcast.com instead of Comcast.net. I changed it and got this message in my email: Thanks for taking the time to update the email address associated with your XXX account on Delphi Forums.

That email came from notifications@mydelphi.com - I thought...problem solved in getting blocked by Comcast. I logged out, logged into this account, went to my test forum and sent a reply post to my test account. No email when polled by my Thunderbird email. I then went to my Comcast email and that post had gone to the spam folder.

I have no idea why one notifications@mydelphi.com would go through...and the other wouldn't. The only thing I can figure is these two emails from notifications@mydelphi.com are coming from two different IP addressees.

Thoughts?

DONNAG

4/11/19

Any news on this? I am not getting email notifications and have checked all my preferences and they are ok. Another forum member says she's not getting them either in the last week or so. Has something changed?

Thanks,

Donna

WaltHowe
Staff

4/11/19

Hotmail has been bouncing your messages back to us, and we stopped sending them. If you don't see a message to reset your email when you log in, I suggest resetting your email address anyway. Try changing it to something else and then change it back. We have taken some steps which should make them less likely to treat the notifications as spam, once the messages are flowing again. 

Comcast still treating notifications@myDelphi.com as spam.

Any progress there?

DONNAG

4/11/19

I have changed my email to my earthlink address which sends all to the hotmail address.can you send me a test mail?

gunter

4/12/19

Sending you a copy of this.

DONNAG

4/12/19

Mine seems to be working now after I changed to another email address.  Something was going on with my hotmail address. I am checking with the other members to see if they have trouble.

gunter

4/12/19

DONNAG said:

I am checking with the other members to see if they have trouble.

See if it's the same provider perhaps blocking email from here.