Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum Visitors/Members   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jun-27 by Freebird (freebird35); 229 views.

Hey, just curious here. How can a person NOT be a member on a forum but yet they can still visit it?  Always wondered about it is all. Thanks in advance for the answer!

gunter

Jun-27

Not sure how you mean. Anyone visiting a forum is automatically a member of the forum.

mmm ... unless the forum allows Guests without logging in?

In reply toRe: msg 2

When I go to my forum I'll look at the left & I'll see who's all visited the forum. Then I'll go to the set privileges & I'll enter the name of certain visitors just to see what comes up & on this one name, after I enter the name & click search, it'll say this user is not a member of the forum anymore. I was just wondering if that's the case, how is it the name still shows up on the visitors listing on my forum. Just curious is all. And thanks for the help!

In reply toRe: msg 2

The Member Visits listing on the forums located on the left, are those members to my forum or does the Member Visits listing mean they are all delphi members & not members on my forum? The answer will clear this all up. Thanks much for all the help.

gunter

Jun-27

This is a bit confusing, it's the difference between a nickname and a membername. The Member Visitors list on the left side shows the nickname, not the membername. For instance, it  would show you as visiting as Freebird while your actual membername is freebird35.  Looking up the nickname Freebird in Set Privileges in Controls will result in 'not a member' (unless there happens to be another member using that as a membername.) Try it in your forum with your nickname.

Click on the name in the list to open the Profile which shows the nickname followed by the actual membername in ( ) which you can look up.

does that explain what is happening ...

In reply toRe: msg 7

Pretty much. And thanks!