Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends list questions   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Jul-11 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 119 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-11

Some questions concerning the Friends list that's available via the profile

1. Is there a limit of friends someone can have?

2. I have certain people that when I try to add them to my list I get an error message telling me they are already on my list however when looking at my list their names are NOT viewable to me? Why would that be?

3. Also I accidentally was trying to add some names to my friends listing but NOW it shows their own name as being on a list? What list?

I checked all of the available lists and the only place I see their name is on my friends list which is where it should be.

I'm totally confused at this point because this makes no common sense to me LOL

Thanks a bunch for explaining it to your old friend Kid  and is there any way that you can fix this mess for me my friend?

At this point I'm so confused LOL I'm not sure it's even worth fixing it ~ except for the fact I don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings because they are not showing up on the list of friends at this point. 

Love ya lots, Sassy

Quick question: why was the option removed to send someone a private message in this Forum? Is it possible to do that in any of the other Forums on Delphi? "Simply curious" as this is the first time I have discovered that in here.

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

1. Is there a limit of friends someone can have?

Not that I know of. Many years ago a friend of mine friended nearly everyone on Delphi. It was a sort of protest over the fact only Plus members could hide their Friends list. His profile is no longer viewable so I cannot count how many friends he actually accumulated. I've seen profiles with many pages of friends however, so I think it's limitless.

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

2. I have certain people that when I try to add them to my list I get an error message telling me they are already on my list however when looking at my list their names are NOT viewable to me? Why would that be?

That's a poser, some Friend requests get muddled or did get muddled in the past. There was in the last year or two an issue with Friending, but I thought it was fixed. You can ask them if you appear on their lists, if not then maybe them requesting your friendship will work.

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

3. Also I accidentally was trying to add some names to my friends listing but NOW it shows their own name as being on a list? What list?

We can create lists and give them names. I created one I called Nuts and added my other ID's to it. Use the dropdown on your Friends tab and see if you do have lists other than Friends and Ignored.

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

except for the fact I don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings because they are not showing up on the list of friends at this point.

I would not worry about that, your privacy settings for your profile have been set so no one but you see your list.

Mine are set that way as well...

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

Quick question: why was the option removed to send someone a private message in this Forum? Is it possible to do that in any of the other Forums on Delphi? "Simply curious" as this is the first time I have discovered that in here.

You can send a PM via the mini profile as long as that person has their Member to Member email enabled on their preferences

However if you meant the option to reply via Email instead of posting to the forum that is under the Options tab at the bottom of the reply screen, and it takes you here

Hope this helps!