Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't remove someone Technical problem   Chat

Started Jul-14 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 618 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

Actually the main problems are ones that have already been reported again and again. This is especially troublesome for moderators.

While chatting with Chrome works fine, clicking on profiles eventually (and it's random, sometimes its the first profile, sometimes I can check 3-4) the Who's On list drops between the chat viewing area and the line where you enter text. For some that line disappears altogether. The only way to correct the problem is to refresh chat which is not very desirable for a moderator and disrupts chat (Sassy's chats are of the support nature, losing everything someone has just told you is not very supportive)

The other problem (so far) is trying to access the profiles at the bottom of a long list of chatters. This is a problem for all browsers and another that has been reported often and for a long time. For a mod it again means they need to navigate away from the chatroom to check the profile on the forum. While they can maintain their chat dialog, it's time consuming to scroll back and frustrating to the members who are in conversation with the mod. The member having this problem suggested a scroll bar be added to the Who's On area if possible.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I run into or hear of other issues. Chatters are not happy to come in to discuss, but if I can recreate the problems I will let you know.

CC to gunter
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

So there is a scroll bar and I can repositioning the Who's On list by going to full screen and back. (scratches head) 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-27

I will be more than happy to ask and report that  information back to you Walt. Thank you

Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 13
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-29

Chromebook- 3 years old (Windows 10, current updates, No firewall)

Acer Chromebook- 2 years old (Windows 10, current updates, No firewall)

Dell Latittude 1 year old (Windows 10, current updates , No firewall)

" 2" Inspirion" 15 5000 Series (Windows 10, current updates , No firewall)

None have add blockers turned on