Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Edit Button MIssing   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Jul-27 by john7g2; 259 views.
john7g2

Jul-27

I don't see the edit button for messages, either as a member or as a Host.  Did I miss a memo?

gunter

Jul-27

Looking at your previous message here, next to Reply below the message is a down arrow which gives the Edit option.

If not, log out and then log in again. 

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
john7g2

Jul-27

I see it here in this format but not in Classic. I should've specified that in my OP.
Logged out and back in. No change.

In reply toRe: msg 3
john7g2

Jul-27

Checking the Controls area.. message editing is enabled for members. Should always be enabled for the Host (No?).

Should be an edit button near the Reply. Or at least that's where I remember it being... been away for a while and no focused on the forum.

gunter

Jul-27

It's there for me, the gear icon.  Run your mouse over the area, does anything pop up for you?

Check your other forum or look in other Classic forums - the icon should show since there are choices other than staff controls.   Try another browser as well.

Ad blocker may be a problem.

• Edited July 27, 2019 11:18 am  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 5
john7g2

Jul-27

The mouse shows it there but the gear is not displayed.  Using Chrome with an adblocker.

Chrome Incognito mode which does not run adblocker it appears correctly.  

gunter

Jul-27

The ad blocker thinks the image is used for tracing. There probably is a setting in the program to allow anything delphiforums through.

In reply toRe: msg 7
john7g2

Jul-29

Problem seems to be isolated to Win10. On my Win7 laptop with the same adblockers enabled there is no problem.
Incognito mode has no trouble. These are with Chrome browser.

No issue on Firefox.

Will pursue the adblocker issue when I get more time.