Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blogs   Everything Else

Started Aug-9 by canechaser05; 339 views.
canechaser05

Aug-9

I know I'm probably behind with this but can you we still publish blogs on here? I see the link to create my own blog but when i click on it the link is broken. thanks for the help.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-12

I think this post was missed(?) it's not one I can test ;)

gunter

Aug-12

Sorry Did drop your question earlier, don't have an immediate answer.

Could use a DelphiPlus member who never had a blog to give it a try ... needs experimenting and I'll check more.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-12

I think Blogs were "discontinued" but I cannot find an announcement regarding that.

CDP (PerraultC)

Aug-13

I vaguely remember them being discontinued also. At one point there was a project in the works to integrate with Wordpress sites somehow, but I don't think anything ever came of that.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-13

It’s very easy to open a free Wordpress blog and then use it as the forum website.  There are ads, but otherwise, it’s a nice set up. I kept it up almost daily for a long time.

https://parfboard.wordpress.com/

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-15

A brand new Zeta forum can be set up like a blog.

canechaser05

Aug-15

Thanks guys I was just wondering because it still advertises that you can create your own blog.

CDP (PerraultC)

Aug-17

Good point. Anyone with a WordPress site (or really most any blog platform) can simple provide a link to the forum to attract eyes also.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-17

I like Wordpress because you can add a widget that shows your most recent active discussions.  Mine has the top 5 so people can keep up without logging in, since I have .guest access disable on the forum.