Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help creating a new room   Chat

Started Sep-4 by karri421; 732 views.
karri421

Sep-4

Hi, we tried creating a new room but our Create button might be broken.

We went to Manage Chat Rooms, Create New Room, filled out the form and clicked on Create button, but nothing happens. 

Any advice appreciated!

Also, when we create a new room, does it have a forum to go with it, or is it just a room?

(Our current room is HealthWomens)

Thanks in advance! :)

• Edited September 4, 2019 8:20 am  by  karri421
gunter

Sep-4

Forums come with chat rooms and each forum can have as many rooms as desired. It looks like there is a room working now in the forum, did you want to add another room?

Is this still a problem?

In reply toRe: msg 2
karri421

Sep-4

Yes there is a room already established that we want to keep.

We thought we could create up to 50 rooms? We only wanted to try one extra for a new idea we are trying out. But when we tested it, no new room was created.

We may have misunderstood?

Thanks!

gunter

Sep-4

You should be able to add any number of rooms in addition to the one you have now.

When naming the room it must have a unique name not used by another forum even if it's not open at present. That's the  usual problem. Which name are you using, try some other odd name?

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 4
karri421

Sep-4

Thanks Gunter, I tried "Extra Chat Room 123 xyz" for a test to make sure no one else was using that name. The Create button does nothing when I click it. I'm on Firefox latest version and Zeta. Over in the left corner of the browser it says "javascript:void (0)" when I hover over the Create button, if that helps at all?

gunter

Sep-4

Checking more now I do see the problem and I've let tech know.

In the meantime, setting the forum to Classic in the center panel when first entering Controls , then creating a room under Chat does work. The forum can be switched back to Zeta after that and the room will still be there.

gunter

Sep-4

Adding to the above ... It will take the Host or a DelphiPlus Assistant to make it work in Classic, others do not have access to Controls unlike when the forum is set to Zeta.

In reply toRe: msg 6
karri421

Sep-5

When I click on the "Switch to Classic Mode" button, I get "Insufficient Privilege"

I was able to change it in the past from Zeta to Classic and back.

In reply toRe: msg 7
karri421

Sep-5

OK, thanks Gunter, I will discuss with the Room Owner.

gunter

Sep-5

Right ... Classic requires DelphiPlus to access those controls. Sorry I didn't mention that at first.

The url of the forum is

https://forums.delphiforums.com/tc-HealthWomens

Changing the name or chat room will not change that. Members can open as many forums , it does not take a new account. In order for a forum to have chat rooms, the Host has to have a DelphiPlus membership.

(If you haven't done so yet, messages here will go into moderation until you log out and then come back.)

• Edited September 5, 2019 9:05 am  by  gunter