Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Error Code Meaning/Solution- Question   Chat

Started Sep-5 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 416 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Sep-5

I have several members that keep getting booted out of chat and they are all telling me that they are seeing a message that says: Error code 1006.

Could you please explain what this error code means?

What can they do to prevent this constant removal from the  Forums chat room. as it's very disruptive and is ruining the quality of support that can be offered because once they are booted out of chat they lose everything that's been said and they also lose whats been said while they are in the process of returning

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer us.

Sassy

http://forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace

gunter

Sep-6

I do see some mention of firewall restrictions with Error code 1006.

Makes sense since a common problem is ad blockers which would do that. Screen shot of when it happens may help more.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-6

If they turn off an ad blocker, they may need to reboot or clear cookies before it’s completely gone.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Sep-10

What about error code 1000? That's a pretty regular one as well~ What causes the chat typing area to disappear?

OR What you type to not go on the screen once you click on enter?

Are there instructions some place on what people need to do to accomplish a screen shot and place it into a post on Delphi? I've had MANY Members asking if there. They would need to know each step. I've tried to explain it to them but I'm not a very good teacher online. lol

Speaking of the error code 1006 ~ Do Chrome books even have  firewalls? I know NOTHING about Chrome Books~ Same question for IPads.

Thanks so much
Sassy

gunter

Sep-11

It's easy in Windows, just press alt-print screen. Suggest googling screen shot how to for the particular device, then Paste or Insert Image here in messages.

Can't help more on error codes than what google says. I assume this is not java chat.

• Edited September 11, 2019 7:56 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 5
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Sep-12

Gunter "Can't help more on error codes than what google says. I assume this is not java chat."

The error codes I was speaking of Gunter are the ones some of my members are getting while in my Forums Chat room HERE on DELPHI so~ I have no clue why Delphi wouldn't know what there own error codes mean~ Or am I  or you simply confused? LOL

What would GOOGLE have to do with these  error codes? It ISN"T only a Google Chrome issue Gunter. There is only one user who even uses Google Chrome in my Forums Chat room at this time~ all the rest of them have Windows 10. Both are getting the same error messages to be clear. The two codes they are seeing are 1006 and 1000.

Thanks so much,

Sassy

gunter

Sep-14

These codes are not generated by us, they are caused by settings or problems with the browser, probably having to do with ad blockers.  It's not something we can fix at this end.

Googling it simply means using Goggle Search to do some research on the Internet and often gives a solution for problems, it doesn't have anything to do with Chrome the browser and was around before that browser existed.  Other search engines will do the same.

• Edited September 14, 2019 9:15 am  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 7
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Sep-24

Ok thanks for explaining it clearly everyone getting these messages assumed they where coming from Delphi so its awesome to know the correct answer to give them now. Would it be alright if I copy my question to you and your response back to me in my forum so I don't have to redirect them here? My fear is they either won't be able to accomplish that or won't do it for fear for what ever their reasons may be...

Thanks again, Sassy

gunter
Staff

Sep-24

Copying our messages from here is expected ... and simply adding the address should make it easy for anyone to get here by just clicking on it, like this:

https://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts/messages?msg=28606.1

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Sep-24

A few of my Forums members don't click on links due to being told by other people that it isn't safe to do so. ( I NEVER told them that just to be clear )  I'm not willing to argue with them concerning links or computer safety so I'll just copy the info. you provided me with and post it in my forum to everyone so anyone can read it there any apply it or not~ their choice.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help.

Sassy

http://forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/messages