Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help with Welcome Page   Welcome / Start Page

Started Sep-8 by SKPer321; 248 views.
SKPer321

Sep-8

Is there a way to force the Welcome Page in Zeta to be the first page visitors encounter when they arrive at our forum? 

It seems all I can set up is for visitors to be dropped onto a page with a random discussion. For getting new people in, we'd like to have some structure and continuity, including a static Welcome Page.

Thanks in advance for solutions :)

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-8

Making a change to the Welcome Page forces that if that helps at all. Brand new visitors will see it first regardless.

SKPer321

Sep-8

Yea that's what I thought, but I sent it to a couple people and they were presented with our long "how to use discussions" Discussion post and not the Welcome page.

So as a workaround I pasted our Welcome Page info into a Discussion post. But once that's been read it seems to present them with a closed discussion board. We'd like to present them a Welcome Page every time they show up like we could do in Classic. 

Is this why so many users keep the old Classic style? Because the much nicer Zeta design isn't so user friendly? 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-8

Use manage discussion

to set that post to Always New as well as Always Unread. 

Post your URL if you don’t mind and I’ll check and see what I’m presented with. 

SKPer321

Sep-9

Thank you. Saving the message as Always New and Always Unread  seems to work. Saving the Welcome Page didn't seem to work for mobile devices. Your workaround seems to work for both, so far. 

Thanks again for your help.