Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Folder display in navigation   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Oct-28 by Dale (Rainbow1956); 245 views.
Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-28

So... I have created a new forum, and am not seeing my folders displayed in navigation.  This would be in Pagan and Proud of It forum, tag, "coven".   Below is the error message that comes up when I save settings.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ProsperoTechnologies.ControlPage.updateForumProp(Int32 targetForumId, String propName, Boolean isSingleUpdate) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\ControlCenter\ControlPage.cs:2826
   ProsperoTechnologies.ControlPage.pcControlPropPageUpdate(String command, String[] commandArgs) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\ControlCenter\ControlPage.cs:2765

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +1255
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +38
   ProsperoTechnologies.PttElementDefinitions.ExecuteCommand(String command, String[] commandArgs, Object owningClass) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\TemplateEngine\InternalDocumentation.cs:1056
   ProsperoTechnologies.ControlPage.HandleCommand(String commandIn, String[] commandArgs) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\ControlCenter\ControlPage.cs:2725
   ProsperoTechnologies.ProsperoTemplatePage.ProcessCommand(String controlId, String commandName, String[] args) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\ProsperoTemplatePage\ProsperoTemplatePage.cs:1883
   ProsperoTechnologies.ProsperoTemplatePage.CheckForPTButtonPostbacks() in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\ProsperoTemplatePage\ProsperoTemplatePage.cs:1679
   ProsperoTechnologies.ProsperoTemplatePage.Page_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs ea) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\Build\DotNet\ProsperoTemplatePage\ProsperoTemplatePage.cs:1044
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +11152750
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.8800; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.8762

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

Oct-28

If you are interested in a host mentor one can be provided for you free of charge, working with you one on one! just go to http://forums.delphi.com/mentors1

gunter
Staff

Oct-28

Is this still a problem after logging out and coming back. Not clear what you mean by in navigation. Did you create folders in Controls, where do you get the error?

The forum is Private, can't take a look.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-28

It cleared up right afterwards.  Where I was talking is in the left hand column where it shows the various folders.  They were not showing up there.  I got that error message when I created the folders and then clicked on "update" or "save".....can't remember, but it was in the control panel, under manage folders.

Thank for your response.

gunter
Staff

Oct-28

Making folder changes frequently takes time or even logging out before the browser catches up, sounds like that's what happened here.

good to hear you're set now ...

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Oct-28

oops didn’t read the whole thread! Lol