Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Closing forum   Control Center

Started 11/30/19 by StyxTx; 893 views.
StyxTx

11/30/19

There is an option to close the forum but it says it's not implemented. How do I permanently close the forum? The "manual" says that is the option to use.

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter
Staff

11/30/19

You can switch the forum to Classic in the center panel when first entering Controls, then Main Settings has Forum Status which will let you do the deed. 

Or post the url and we can do it for you.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Joy to You! (JOY337)

12/6/19

Hi Gunter . . I will be closing HepCentral (hepatitiscen) just before the new year, and wanted to post an announcement so our Holiday visitors will be informed. I thought I saw a way (finally) to 'pin' a post so it stays visible at the top . . but am not seeing that as an option . . is there really a way to make our 'farewell' post pinnable, and if so can you help me find it?

The forum has been the finest source of support and information for twenty years, and thanks to finally having a CURE for Hepatitis C, it is no longer active or needed.

Want to thank all of you who have been here through ALL those years with the best tech (and moral) support in the cosmos . .

gunter
Staff

12/6/19

Sticky is done Manage Discussion below the message in Classic.

Sorry to hear though for a good reason!

let us know how it goes  ...

In reply toRe: msg 4
Joy to You! (JOY337)

12/6/19

Thanks Gunter . . it is definitely a happy/sad kind of situation. Twenty years of daily (often all day) participation feels like a lifetime looking back. Proud of our good reputation though, and knowing that, one way or another, we managed to help thousands (really . . thousands) of frightened folks through a very difficult part of their lives.

The Delphi support staff is the reason we prospered here and were able to fulfill our goals . . so big thanks to (you know who you are) ALL of you . .

Kid (Kidmagnet)

12/7/19

Congrats to you for your support and devotion as the host and hurray for all those who suffered with Hep C. Hopefully cures are close for the other types.

Joy to You! (JOY337)

12/7/19

Thanks Kid . . for your personal support as well as for all that YOU do around here . .

The hope is that the new principle of denying replication of the virus will be applied to other viral challenges . .

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

12/7/19

congratulations! I host a progressive MS support forum - we are hoping to be in your position one day where our forum just becomes a clubhouse of friends having fun. Now it is that and support for symptoms and treatments and saying goodbye to friends/family who have made the journey as far as they can go. Thank you for all you have done for the support of those with hep!

Lyndy
DF Support Team

Joy to You! (JOY337)

12/7/19

Thanks Lyndy . . and I pray that soon there will be similar good news for MS . .

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

12/7/19

thank you - all prayers can help!