Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Massive spam attack   Administrative Issues

Started Jan-19 by Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 1462 views.

"My fingers need a break from all the banning and deleting!"

With 125+ forums listed on your profile...this guy's found the mother load! Trust me...he'll get a site-wide ban from services...and then be back in another incarnation before his coffee gets cold.

You are right, but I'd hope we are wrong, if hopefully they can ban the IP address.

First, I don't think Delphi Forums will ban an IP. Second, anyone this energetic about spamming will just use a spoofed IP to come back. Most spammers are a lot better at what they do than you are at blocking them. One of the rewards to spamming is the challenge. Providing a list of all your forums is something a spammer just can't walk away from.

Very true, it would be a shame, but I might wind up placing my busy forums on moderation. 

Anything extra you have to do...this person is winning. Whether you ban that account or go into moderation it's extra moves that are unnecessary in normal forum functions.

Some spammers are tenacious. They have nothing better to do. Those are the hardest to deal with. Then you have your part-time spammers that are there just because of the opportunity. When they get no replies, they move along. Spammers are looking for feedback; it's their reward for the time spent. One or two forums is enough to satisfy most slammers. You? You've provided this person with a plethora of forums to attack.

I'd just keep deleting posts and banning for a few days...see who tires out first. Whatever you do...don't engage them.

Good luck!

So true!   I think I know who it is, but I can't prove it.  What makes me think this is two things; I left another forum due to a certain person, and I don't see anyone saying anything about mass spams.   I'm a stubborn old lady, I'll outlast them  :)

-I'm a stubborn old lady, I'll outlast them  :)-

I believe you.

Give it a week...come on back...let us know how it's going.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-19

This isn't the person I warned you about?

I think it is, funny though I think it's someone I know as I haven't heard of anyone else having massive span;  I recently left a forum and I think it's a certain person, I'll PM you who I think it is