Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Staff member gets a message stating he has no privleges?   Control Center

Started Feb-14 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 369 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-14

I have a staff member that when he tries to moderate in chat he gets a message stating he doesn't have any privileges in my forums chat room.

I have checked in my Controls and he is  STILL authorized so~ I have no clue what the issue actually is. I HAVE already had him do the standard round of fix's for any Delphi issues but so far nothing has worked. He has also posted asking for help from the apple support groups but so far no one has come up with anything there either.

If you OR anyone could help me out I would sure appreciate it as he is a very important staff member and has been for quite some time now.

He is using an Ipad and he is using Firefox as his browser but that hasn't been an issue as this just started happening recently as far as I'm aware of.

His member name is:    dstone311

The Forums web tag is:  comfortplace

Thanks so much in advance for any information you feel may help out this situation. You may pm me if need be my settings are updated.

Thanks again,

Sassy

CC to KidShark
gunter

Feb-15

I don't see anything odd. When did this start? Records show there was a change with the browser Jan 29.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-15

By a change in his browser do you mean he changed from using one browser to a different browser? From what he has said so far he is using Firefox still. Is there any way that you can tell what browser he is actually using? He isn't very knowledgeable with things so it's pretty difficult for me to attempt to get info from him.

gunter

Feb-15

Something changed with his browser back then.  I see he's using Safari and that hasn't chsnged.

Don't  know why that would make  a difference though as long as he can chat. You may want to check exactly which command aren't  working ... any of them?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-16

Well NOW we just tested and he IS able to remove someone however he isn't able to change the size of his font when he posts.  He swears he is using Firefox so I don't know what to think at this point to be honest about it. Are you certain you are correct about the Browser he is using? He may not even know... Kid is helping him now so I won't bother you further Gunter thanks for all your help however. Your the best!

Sassy

gunter

Feb-17

Normally there is mention of the browser in our records ... it shows

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/22.0 Safari/605.1.15
In reply toRe: msg 6
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-18

Thanks so much for that info Gunter!

I'd also like to know what level of membership does someone need to be able to edit their own posts as in resize them or change them for spelling errors or typos?

Along with that what payment plans are available for the paid membership levels of Delphi and what payment methods are now acceptable?

I have a lot of members that would like to have paid memberships with Delphi for all they have to offer however, most of them live on fixed income, or disability checks which as everyone knows isn't enough to live on~ much less have anything left over for things most of us take for granted in our lives like socializing on Delphi... sad state of the world we live in these days in my humble opinion.

Thanks so much for all your help and all you do for everyone here!

Tc, Sassy  blush

gunter

Feb-18

Everyone can Edit their messages as long as it's set in Controls .  This may help with the plans: https://www.delphiforums.com/plans.ptt

Payal, credit/debit/gift cards, all should work.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-19

gunter said:

https://www.delphiforums.com/plans.ptt Payal, credit/debit/gift cards, all should work.

I'm so sorry Gunter I mis-worded my question to you. What my question was actually is... What plan is required for me to be able to make someone on my staff an Assistant Manager? Also for someone  to be able to change the size of what they copy and paste into a post? Currently they have a free account because their Delphi Plus has expired at this time. The live on a fixed income and will not get their check until the 10th of next month. Also one more thing while I'm pestering you... lol Is there any way for the date to be changed when the automatic payment is taken out of some one's  account for the plan they choose? Or do they just need to with to sign up again on the date that they want their payment to come out?

Sorry to pester you, but thanks for all your help!

Sassy

gunter

Feb-19

Assistants in a Classic forum must be on DelphiPlus,  Zeta lets anyone have that position.

There is a lengthy discussion in Service on which/if some browsers let you drag image corners to resize, but anyone can change the size if they know how to code the Source.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/service/messages?msg=54326.1

Since they are off a plan, easiest is to sigup again on the date they want to be charged the next time around.