Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How can I send an email alert to all of our forum participants?   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Apr-26 by EmergPrepGrp; 164 views.
EmergPrepGrp

Apr-26

I don't want to promote the forum beyond our immediate neighborhood, but is there a way to send an email alert to all of our forum participants?  This might be an instruction, or because of an immediate need in the community.  I tried the promote function and chose within our forum only, but from the responses it appears that the message went out beyond our group. 

- Appreciate your help learning the system

gunter

Apr-26

There is the sticky note or announcement in the forum via Manage Discussion on a message, anyone entering will see that first. No way to notify members unless you address messages to them which will send email notifications or if they subscribe to the forum.

You can set up a mailing list of your own in which case they need to give you their addresses.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-26

Yes they can use subscriptions - either to the entire forum via the Follow button upper left on your forum. Or by clicking the star on a discussion.  

In reply toRe: msg 3
EmergPrepGrp

Apr-27

Assuming that they are registered subscribers to DelphiForums, and have participated in discussions in our forum, does that make them "subscribers"?   Is there a way for the host (or for an individual subscriber with an immediate need) to contact all of the subscribers by email?

Thank you for the sticky note hint.

gunter

Apr-27

Members need to subscribe ... look for the Star on top to the right of the forum name.

Emailing is not possible unless it's done one by one in Controls, Set Privileges.