Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Edge & Photos   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Jul-24 by Paul (SNOTZALOT); 184 views.
Paul (SNOTZALOT)

Jul-24

I received this complaint from a member about photos when using Edge. Is there a photo issue using Edge?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

There might be - they recently "upgraded" it to a Chromium based one. 

Can you point me to their actual thread if it is public? Or if you know what they are actually using (desktop, tablet, does Windows still have a phone? lol)

I'll test with my desktop and see.

Paul (SNOTZALOT)

Jul-24

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

they recently "upgraded" it to a Chromium based one.

I believe he is now using a late version Edge with no issue. I'll keep an eye on it.. Thanks!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

Paul (SNOTZALOT) said:

Is there a photo issue using Edge?

https://forums.delphiforums.com/promoqueen/messages?msg=632.1

Not for me and that was with Edge, Windows 10 (upgraded from 7) on a I think 12 year old desktop... with my basic account and using the Insert Image from Computer tool on the tool bar.

So something else is going on.

Are they dragging and dropping images (or copy/paste) from the web?

Are the photos posting in the forum ok (and not ones that were uploaded from email)

Is the device a tablet? 

They can come in here or to the Accidental Brilliance forum I linked in this post or I can come to them.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

I'm so nosy I looked at his posts on your forum. Ask him if he's using a device - I have one other member that noticed a change after her windows tablet updated edge (unrelated to photos) To me most of his posts look like he might have uploaded from mobile. When I do, I can choose several images to post at once and they post them all smooshed together without a line break.

So THAT behavior might have changed with Edge (the ability to upload more than 3 images at once)

Sorry for assuming he was a gal and for snooping. :D

Paul (SNOTZALOT)

Jul-24

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

I can choose several images to post at once and they post them all smooshed together without a line break.

Thanks! They are woodworkers so computer use aggravates them. Most don't know the forum has an edit feature.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

I tested mobile upload with Safari and was able to smoosh up 8 pics.

Paul (SNOTZALOT) said:

They are woodworkers so computer use aggravates them.

To be fair I'd be sawing all my fingers off while you yelled HIT THE KILL SWITCH!!!

What? Oh no, there goes another finger!

Paul (SNOTZALOT)

Jul-24

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

What? Oh no, there goes another finger!

#1 rule of woodworkers is to count fingers before you sweep up the sawdust.