Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Basic Forum- shouldn't it be Premium?   Administrative Issues

Started Aug-4 by heavn; 259 views.
heavn

Aug-4

I have a friend, FancyBoots, of  both

~Boots Instant Pot/Air Fryer Kitchen~
http://forums.delphiforums.com/InstaPotKitchen

which is a PREMIUM forum

and  also a totally private site xx (please delete this name as soon as you see this post),

which is showing as a BASIC forum!

Boots told me to post here to you in post where she says "Yes, it is still basic.  Go right ahead & report it for me please."

She showed me a copy of an email she sent 

Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2020 at 5:08 PM
To: service@delphiforums.com
Subject: Account of Lady Patriots

She told me "I  have written three times to service@delphiforums.com,  this being the last one."

Gunter, the problem is that as "FancyBoots", she paid for a Plus membership back on March 26, 2020 (remember as FancyBoots).

Then,  in order to open another -the xx room, she thought she had to pay for another whole new Plus membership, and take on a different name-  she took as "LadyPatriot". 

I told her she only needs ONE Plus membership, and she can have other forums on it. 

She would like the c forum to be linked to her same FancyBoots account,
as long as -

1. she will be able to keep her Plano... forum a private one- which I believe is possible,

and -
2. that it will turn into a Premium account. 

Anothger problem is that people are unable to gain access to her private room -

1. EVEN when they ALREADY are members of the room

AND

2. EVEN when they request access AND are given an access code and put it in, nothing happens. 

Thanks. 

• Edited August 4, 2020 10:46 pm  by  heavn
In reply toRe: msg 1

Thanks heavn.  I appreciate your help.  

gunter

Aug-4

This gets a bit involved. The LadyPatriot account has dropped the free DelphiPlus trial now which is why the private forum no longer allows access.

I've put LadyPatriot back on DelphiPlus for a couple of days. The forum should go premium in the morning. This will allow LadyPatriot to transfer the forum to FancyBoots.

The way to do this after the forum is Premium is to set the forum to Classic if it's Zeta now, done in the center panel when first entering Controls. Then in Main Settings, Forum Ownership, pick the FancyBoots name, check Confirm and press Submit. 

If you can't  get it going you'll need to let me into the forum, pm me with an access code and I'll  do it.

let us know how it goes ...

• Edited August 4, 2020 9:46 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-4

Never mind - Heavn edited out the email address. 

In reply toRe: msg 3

Thanks Gunter, I will try it when it gets back to premium.

I am concerned that the members will not try to get back in after they aren't able to get in for a day.  sad

In reply toRe: msg 3
heavn

Aug-4

The access code thing doesn't seem to work. 

I am already a member, plus I have Asst. Manager controls, and cannot get in with the access code even. 

Maybe it will work when the room goes to Premium. 

• Edited August 4, 2020 10:15 pm  by  heavn
In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-4

heavn said:

Maybe it will work when the room goes to Premium

yes - when private forums drop to basic only the host can get in

Wow, what a mess, thanks for the info.  I sure hope the members try again. They might not be able to get in even.  Now, I bet they'll have to be given another code too. That's gonna take a long time to e-mail all of those people.  The code has been changed several times.

I had been writing Delphi since the 29th of last month to try to get this taken care of.  sad

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-4

I think Delphi is having problems with their email - maybe they need to confirm it smile  

They won't need a code - once you are a member you are good to access.

Maybe add OPEN AGAIN! to the forum name to grab their attention.

Oh good on the code.  I would have been here next year doing all of that...lol

Good idea on the "OPEN AGAIN"

Thanks!