Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Limiting access to a folder   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Sep-6 by john7g2; 168 views.
john7g2

Sep-6

I want to make a folder available only to current members.  

I see how to make a folder available to Some Members and did that but is there an easy way to grant access to the current members? Tried the Grant Voice To All and that didn't work as I had hoped, no one had access. I did see how to individually grant access via the permissions window but that is going to be tedious and cumbersome to get all the current members updated. 

Is there an easier approach to this?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-6

You have to grant folder access to each individual. Current members are Some members as anyone that has ever enter the forum during it's existence is a member (unless they were removed by you or Delphi Forums)

john7g2

Sep-6

So the only method is the blood sweat and tears method?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-6

Yes and it gets more complicated. If this is an existing folder you should make it private and let it sit a few days. Anyone logged in prior to making it private may have access until they log out.

*When you create a folder with only Some members having access you will need to grant yourself access if your forum is in Classic. 

john7g2

Sep-6

Is there a How To somewhere on this?

In reply toRe: msg 5
john7g2

Sep-6

What's the difference between a Moderated Folder and a Folder Some can access?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-6

Possibly, give me 15 mins and I'll post a tutorial 

Is your forum Zeta or Classic? 

Editing to answer my own question and add another

**It's Classic and you are using all 16 folders so one of those will become the restricted access one - correct?

john7g2

Sep-6

Yes, actually 2 folders. 

Classic.

gunter

Sep-6

john7g2 said:

What's the difference between a Moderated Folder and a Folder Some can access?

A limited access folder is one where only specifically named members can read and post. Moderated folders let's everyone read but only staff and members with Voice have messages go though.

john7g2

Sep-6

Thanks Gunter and Kid. 

I think I have all the changes and privilege updates done already.