Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Host Issue   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Oct-14 by freebird500; 388 views.
freebird500

Oct-14

O.K. here's the problem in a nutshell. How do I change the Freebird 500 logout at the top of my forum to Freebird35 Host? What I mean is this, At the top of my forum where it says logout, too the top left of that it says Freebird 500 Underneath that it says Host & too the left it says Freebird35. My problem & question is this} How can I change the top where it says Freebird 500 so it says Freebird35? Reason I'm asking is, with it set up this way, I'm not the host as I don't have access to the controls on my forum. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated & I thank ya.

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

Oct-14

There are several issues there - what is the URL name of your forum so staff can go and see the issue for themselves. Gunter or Walt can check your account to see if you are paid up or there is anything wrong with your account. As for changing your log in name Freebird 500 you cannot change that You can add a nickname but not change your log in name.

Lyndy
DF Community Support Team

gunter

Oct-14

You need to log in using freebird35, not freebird500. 

Log out, then change the name to freebird35 on the login page before logging in.

• Edited October 14, 2020 8:44 am  by  gunter
freebird500

Oct-14

Near as I can tell, the URL name at the top reads} forums.delphiforums.com/spwgbigtime

What I see when I get the forum is this} Freebird500 (logout

Delphibasic member account

Superstar Pro Wrestling Game

Start  Messages  Your Host Freebird (freebird35)

In other words, its like Freebird 500 has the controls on the forum because the controls should be right next to the host's name & its not. All that's there is, the start page, the messages, & then your host, when it should read start, messages, & controls & then your host. I'll tell ya its got me baffled & its driving me nuts. I hope the staff goes to the forum & helps clear up this snafu. They have all my consent to do so by all means. And I thank ya so much for all the help.

In reply toRe: msg 3
freebird500

Oct-14

I tried that several times & its still a no go. I even requested a new password but every time I go back to the forum & type it in, it doesn't go through. This one has me stumped.

gunter

Oct-14

If the different email address mentioned in the other discussion doesn't help, I can send you a password.

see your PM ...

In reply toRe: msg 6
freebird500

Oct-14

Thank you!   Could you send me the password & then I'll enter it along with freebird35 & we'll see what flies.

In reply toRe: msg 6

THANKS MY MAN!!!   I owe ya one.  It worked PERFECT!!!   I can't put into words how much I appreciate all of ya. You fellers do such a GREAT JOB helping folks out on here. Thank ya so much!   YOU DA MAN!!!!!

gunter

Oct-14

good to hear we got it working ...

Thanks to you.  I've been on my forum & it all works so well now. I busted my ass making a go of it & I was able to build a pretty good visitor list on the forum where we all can go & post at & just have a great time. We all help each other out in finding cards to the game we all loved as a kid & we all get along & its just a great atmosphere to be around, thanks to all of those who post & or visit there. There's never any attitudes or anything like that. And thanks to you we can continue on. And that's what I aim to do is to carry on.