Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

folder access    Administrative Issues

Started Nov-9 by sablemoon; 372 views.
sablemoon

Nov-9

Ok Gunter me again..New problem. Made a member a folder in chat..i saw it in messages on home page... and so did the person i made it for..Now it is completely gone. I tried remaking it no results. Help!

gunter

Nov-9

Not sure what you mean by making a folder in chat. If it's a new folder with access to some, did you set access for you and the member.

Explain more and what did you name the folder?

In reply toRe: msg 2
sablemoon

Nov-9

it's where you go into manage folders  and you assign names to folders and they show in messages . A example would be a folder named *discussions* or for another host say *mary*

And yes i did set access to it. We both saw the folder in messages, but the next day it was gone. The folder name was ....MrB

gunter

Nov-10

Doesn’t look like you set access for yourself. There's only one other member who should be able see the folder.

• Edited November 10, 2020 9:40 am  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 4
sablemoon

Nov-10

your right about that  and thats embarassing. Howvever, when i look at the folders i see the following 1. discussions 2. honor roll 3. agorable 4. sable. 5. femms 6. sexyNsweet 7 bunny 8. Kmari 9 staff 10. my personal 11. cathy ..............no MrB who would be 12

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-10

Are you looking at them from within Controls? Or did you grant yourself access and still do not see them on the forum? If it's the second, it takes a bit sometimes for your browser to ditch it's cached view and update the page. You can hurry that along by logging out of Delphi and then close and reopen your browser. IF you are using a windows keyboard you can press Control and F5 keys (at the same time) to refresh.

sablemoon

Nov-10

Well today it suddenly appeared. Don't know how are why. Don't know if i did something or you all did something..but as of now it is there.,What baffled me is i saw it there the day i made it..then the next day it was gone.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-10

With Classic you do have to grant yourself access and being you did that after your browser had cached pages it just took some time to clear those and for you to see it. Glad you can see it now :)

In reply toRe: msg 4

Hello all it has been a very long time since I have been on this Delphiforums  I have not been well and trying to change my password on here and it gave me Temp one and try to change it on my porfile and it will not let me change it I do not remember my old password

WaltHowe
Staff

Nov-19

You should be able to change your password on your Preferences page. Log in first, go to Preferences, and select the Change password link. It will prompt you for your current password (the temp, you were sent) and a new one, entered twice. The new password can consist of letters and numbers. Do not include any spaces or special characters.