Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do I moderate a poster on a classic forum   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Nov-21 by Nucc; 184 views.
Nucc

Nov-21

I have one poster on moderation on my forum but I wish to put another person on moderation. I went to set privileges but the moderation wording is confusing to me because of too many questions  I have no answers to. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-22

If the person currently has Voice you will need to remove that first and then give them the Probation flag.

Does that help or am I off base?

Nucc

Nov-22

The person is now posting but the posts are too long and they are too many.  I do want to respond to the poster but I'm finding I'm having to repeat much of the same things. So I just want moderate what I want to respond to.

I have another poster on moderation and it was much easier putting him on moderation.  I don't know why.

You given me help before and I much appreciated it.  So you might have to help me by going step by step  Thanks.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-22

From one of their posts, click on their name once. the mini profile will come up and you can click on Set Privileges from there

Once you've clicked link this screen pops up and you can deselect Voice if it is checked and then select Probation. If Voice is not removed first the Probation Flag will not take.

Make sure the screen looks like this then click on Submit.

After this all their posts will go to your Moderation queue and you can approve or deny them.

Nucc

Nov-22

I knew it wasn't hard.  I'm sorry but I suffer from a real medical issue called PRESENTLY, short term memory loss.  IOW I could be sitting down thinking I need to get something and then as soon as I stand up I forget what I was thinking.  HOWEVER, I DO REMEMBER that YOU HELPED me before and explained everything to me so that my problems were solved quickly so AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU GREATLY for your assistance. blush

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-22

No worries - you can come back in a month and I'd repost everything... mainly because I'd forget I just did this one up. grin