Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A Forum Issue   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jan-13 by Freebird (freebird35); 262 views.

Hey, I have a simple question here. I always shut my computer all the way off before going to bed at night. When I wake up the next day, sometimes when I turn my computer back on & I try & go to my forum I can't get in without first entering my password. It's not a big deal or issue, but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else & if so, what is the reason why? Once I enter my password I can gain entry too my forum so it's like I said, it's no big deal not so much as it sometimes can be a bit annoying.

WaltHowe
Staff

Jan-13

When you shut down your computer, the next login will always require a password. That is true anywhere that requires a password. Browsers or password software on your system can be set to remember passwords and log you in automatically. That is under your control, not Delphi's.

Thanks for the info!  Much appreciated.  I don't have to log in with my password every time I turn my computer on. It's just sometimes when I go to my forum before I can post something up, they want me to log in with my password. Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while is all. For the most part I can turn my computer on & go to my forum & post away without having to add a password or having to log in..

WaltHowe
Staff

Jan-13

You have cookie files on your browser set to preserve your login status. It depends on the settings on your computer and browser. 

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'll check out my settings.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-14

Which browser do you use? My settings for Firefox and Chrome are to open with the pages I closed with. As long as I have more than one tab up when I close the browser it will cache my login and keep me fully logged in. If I close the tab with Delphi and then close all other tabs too, the next time I open it and then come to Delphi I will be not fully logged in and not fully logged out. (It's called a soft log in) and I can read but then need to log int to post or visit controls.

This is a combination of the browser feature called Session Saver when it first came out on Firefox, and having the Delphi forums login cookie.

Anyway I can stay logged in while shutting my computer down, with that setting.

Thanks for the info!  I use chrome for a browser. Like I said, I only have to log into my forum once in a while, as it doesn't happen all the time. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. But all's well that ends well as they say. I'm just so blessed that delphi & the great staff at delphi are here whenever we have a problem or a question, you fellers are here to help us through it. And it's much appreciated & I really mean that. I'm also blessed for the great fellers N gals who visit &/or post on my forum, because their the ones who make it. I'm just so blessed & I wouldn't have it any other way. Just saying.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-14

Try this

Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen to get to the Chrome menu, near the bottom is Settings, Click on that and you will get a new tab with more options. You want to click on the last one " On Startup" Then make sure you choose the option I have here (continue where you left off)

Thanks for the info!  I'll do that!

I followed your directions to a  "T"  I clicked the 3 dots & then I scrolled down to where I saw  Start Up"  & then I clicked (continue where you left off). After I did all that, I exited off the settings page & came back here to let you know mission accomplished. And I thank ya so much for the help. Much appreciated.