Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

signatures   Message Editor Help Folder

Started Jan-19 by Brat7 (TrumanGleas2); 277 views.

i need to know how to replace a signature and add graphic

gunter

Jan-20

Detailed instructions for sigs are here: 

http://www.delphiforums.com/howto/signatures.htm

Works just like messages with adding images and editing the text.

let us know how it goes  ...

In reply toRe: msg 1

still  do not know how to add a graphic to my signature

gunter

Feb-11

Did you look at the instructions 

http://www.delphiforums.com/howto/signatures.htm

After opening the sig editor it works the same as in messages, use Insert Image on the editor tool bar or depending on your system you may be able to use copy paste or drag an image into the sig editor.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Magdalena_Tx

Apr-12

I added a sig to my posts but it is huge and I do like the sig I just want to resize it so others do not have a hard time getting in my forum or it slow them down. can you tell me how to resize my sig. thank you very much. no i did not look at the link I will go do that while waiting on your answer.

thanks again.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Apr-12

I think your best route is to ask whoever made the sig, especially if it's animated, to resize it for you. It'll look a lot better if the sig maker does it than if you try to resize it now, after it's made. Unless animating software has changed a lot in the past several years, the best results would require resizing the individual frames (which can often be done all at the same time in the graphics software) and then re-animating it.

Edit: You're not talking about the sig in your post above, are you? That one is a very small 38 k, won't slow down even dial-up access.

And a general comment. Please upload your sigs to your Delphi storage space and link from there to the sig section in your profile. When you link to the image on your forum, it makes that forum appear on everyone's recently visited forum list. Then we have to remove the forum from the list.

Magdalena_Tx

Apr-12

it is just a picture with a quote I found on the web. here is the one I am speaking of. I think your right tho I may need help.do you know anyone that can or will help to resize this? thank you for answering my post I appreciate it.

magdalena

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Apr-12

That's a still image, just a JPEG. Do you have any graphics software on your computer or device? You can use that to resize it yourself. It's not a huge file size, 85 k. Its dimensions are large enough to take up the full width of the forum discussion column, though. It's 960x540 pixels.

I can resize if you'd rather, though I'd have to upload to my site because the forum software will resize it in a post.

Magdalena_Tx

Apr-12

I do not have any graphic programs on my computer. I usually go to someone or someone gives me a sig. I just happened to really like this one so I copied it not thinking about how large it was. Please do that for me I would be ever most appreciative! thank you so much for your help. magdalena

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Apr-12

Okay, I've resized to 3 sizes, so you can pick whichever you like:

These all look pretty large and readable. If you want it smaller still, let me know.