Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do I delete some of my old folders? I haven't been on here in YEARS!   Basic Help for Hosts

Started May-12 by Celeste (harleybeatle); 282 views.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

gunter

May-12

Folders can't be deleted. You can change the names. Note that old messages won't show to members unless they search for them.

In reply toRe: msg 2

can you use manage discussion to delete them 50 items each?  

gunter

May-13

Only the Host has the Manage Discussions link on the left below the discussions list for deleting a group of messages.

When deleting lots of messages be sure to start with the oldest first to prevent creating a time gap making it difficult to reach older messages.

In reply toRe: msg 2

So,  if I can't delete folders, can I delete the old CONTENTS of the folders? If yes, how do I do that? I thank you in advance!

gunter

May-26

You can delete individual messages. In a forum set to Classic like yours the Host has a Manage Discussions link on the left side below the discussions list for deleting a group of messages. Only the Host sees that option.

When deleting lots of messages be sure to start with the oldest first to prevent creating a time gap making it difficult to reach older messages. Use the Next 50 link below the discussions listing and keep clicking that until you get to the beginning of time. And start there. Mark messages to be deleted, then pick delete at the top.

let us know how it goes  ...