Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trivia Bot Whisper Window   Chat

Started Jun-27 by Revolution OG (revolutionog); 423 views.

What is this and how do I get rid of it? Also, are you guys planning to fix the issue with private messages erasing if the person you're messaging with sends a message while you’re typing? Many have stopped using the site due to this issue. You all must be aware. It’s been going on for years.

So there are two questions here.

1. How do I get rid of the annoying whisper dialogue window that randomly opens in my trivia room?

2. Are you planning to fix the issue with private messages which I described above?

gunter

Jun-29

Sorry missed this earlier.

I'll nudge again re pm issue.

Describe more the whisper window ... it's not someone sending a PM?

In reply toRe: msg 3

You mean you were hoping I would just learn to live with it, lol. If you go into the trivia room, which is one of the rooms I created as part of the main room, the main room being The Other Chatroom, you will see the issue when you try to play. A dialogue window opens up and whatever you happen to be typing goes to that. Its very similar to the annoying pm issue. No, its not someone sending a whisper or pm. The best thing to do would be to go see for yourself. You'll have to try typing in the room a few times before the annoying dialogue window pops up. It seems like it happens if you type at the same time as the bot, similar to the pm issue but not the same issue.

Does giving a nudge mean the owners of Delphi are not willing to invest the time and/or hire someone with the expertise to fix the pm issue. I just want to know if its going to be fixed some time soon so I can decide how to proceed.

Revolution OG (revolutionog) said:

If you go into the trivia room, which is one of the rooms I created as part of the main room, the main room being The Other Chatroom, you will see the issue when you try to play. A dialogue window opens up and whatever you happen to be typing goes to that.

That's how you play the trivia game.

Type your answer in the top field and click in the lower one to chat

Are you saying this is a deliberately made new feature. It cuts people off mid sentence and becomes very annoying when more than one person is trying to play. Are you sure this is a new feature and not a glitch. I'm not sure I buy that, lol. A player can start typing in one dialogue box and it just switches when someone else types. Its similar to the pm glitch. I'm also waiting to hear an answer regarding whether or not Delphi is willing to spend time/resources fixing the pm glitch. I think its only fair to let people know one way or another.

I'm just answering the question posed in your subject line.

If you are playing trivia then box appears. If you are not you can boot the bot.

Sorry I cannot help with the other bug.

gunter

Jun-30

The cursor switches to the whisper box in the middle of  chatting. 

Hey, you're here for trivia, answer me!

But booting the bot would defeat the purpose of having a trivia room.

Is this behaviour new? I think it was always interrupting but it's been a while since I played with an actual chatty room. The game is timed per players turn so I am not sure how it could work differently/ Sucks for those of us that tend to look at our keyboards (while typing) more than our screens.