Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Merge folders   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Aug-1 by Professional Alarmist (harmony3310); 504 views.

I recall a long time ago there was a way to move all the messages from one folder to another, and then close the folder once it was empty. I can't figure out how to do it. This is still possible yes?

In reply toRe: msg 1

And if I can't merge them, what happens if say I hide or make a folder "read only" - can those messages still be searched later?

I don't want old posts themselves to disappear but I would like there to be fewer folders on the left. 

In reply toRe: msg 1

One more question... I have a folder that was made read only a long time ago. I can still post in it and it shows up. Is that because I'm the host or can anyone post in them, defeating the purpose of read only?

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

Aug-2

yes it is because you are the host that you can post in a 'read only' folder.

Thank you. So if I make other folders read only, do they show up on the left for the other members? They can't post in them but they can see them?

So really no way to have fewer folders on the left side bar?

Professional Alarmist (harmony3310) said:

So really no way to have fewer folders on the left side bar?

Set the read access and to No Members. 

WALTER784

Aug-3

Professional Alarmist (harmony3310) said...

I recall a long time ago there was a way to move all the messages from one folder to another,

To move messages from one folder to another, you need to be the forum Wizard or Administrator.

Go to the bottom of the discussion you want to move and you'll see options:

Promote this Discussion | Manage Discussion

Just click on the "Manage Discussion" and then when the menu pops up, chose to move the discussion to another folder and specify the folder you want it moved to.

FWIW

Yes, sorry I know how to do it one at a time but I wanted to merge folders that have thousands of posts from years and years, but because the board has slowed down so much we no longer need so many separate folders. 

WALTER784

Aug-3

The only way to move things between folders is one discussion or one thread at a time.

So if there are 20, 200 or 2000 messages in that discussion/thread, you can move them all at once.

But if you want to move all discussions/threads from one folder to another, you'll have to do it a discussion/thread at a time.

FWIW