Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to show archived folders   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Aug-25 by Brian (BrianB125); 1508 views.
Brian (BrianB125)

Aug-25

Is there a way to have folders with archived messages show in the folder list?  Some people would like to be able to see these folders.

Thanks

EdGlaze

Aug-25

In CONTROLS go to FORUM MANAGEMENT and then MANAGE FOLDERS where you can set your archived folders to READ ONLY, assuming you don't want people to continue posting to the old discussions.

• Edited August 25, 2021 7:29 pm  by  EdGlaze
Brian (BrianB125)

Aug-25

Thanks, where do I find the CONTROLS?  I haven't done this since I set up the forum several years ago.

EdGlaze

Aug-26

If you are the forum Wizard or an Assistant the CONTOLS tab will be at the top of the page above the left frame.

EdGlaze

Aug-26

The CONTROLS tab offers many ways to customize your forum so you may want to peruse the options.

• Edited August 26, 2021 5:26 am  by  EdGlaze
Kidmagnet

Aug-26

Do you still need help allowing access to your folders? If the Read Access is set to "Some members" You can either grant those members access on their Set Privileges screen or make the folders accessible to all by changing that access to All Members.

Just ask if you need more help!

Brian (BrianB125)

Aug-26

Thanks, I do need help.  My folder management page doesn't look anything like this, and my  controls button is at the bottom of the page.  I am a Delphi Plus member, but I'm not sure I'm being treated as one when I go to the controls.  I see no way to edit the read and post access.  Any ideas?

Brian

Kidmagnet

Aug-26

***Editing in - Brain it looks like your forum is not Premium. Lets ask Walt to help out.

Oh no worries you are likely in Zeta format!

Is this better? After you click on Controls look under Content and Roles for Manage Folders

After you click Edit you can change the Read Access.

• Edited August 26, 2021 8:12 pm  by  Kidmagnet
Kidmagnet

Aug-26

Brian (BrianB125) said...

I am a Delphi Plus member, but I'm not sure I'm being treated as one when I go to the controls.  I see no way to edit the read and post access.  Any ideas?

Hey Walt this member needs account help.

Brian (BrianB125)

Aug-26

This is what mine looks like except I don't see the Read Access and Post Access columns.