Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Editing/ deleting messages   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Aug-29 by Dambuster (Dambuster2); 903 views.

Hi All!

I use my Samsung g5 to run my FORUM. How do you delete posts, and posts from other people  (on my FORUM of course).

The for any help. Dambuster. 

gunter

Aug-29

On top next to the subject of a discussion is a gears icon. That gives various options to deal with the discussion. 

For individual messages look for the down arrow next to the Reply button. That gives options to Edit or Delete. 

let us know how it goes  ...

In reply toRe: msg 2

The Gunter-

I've got the edit/Delete working now!

What are the stars for on the 'menu bars'

Merci. Dambuster. 

The kidmagnet!

I will use this !

Merci! Dambuster. 

In reply toRe: msg 5

Hi kidmagnet

The little 'gears' are not on my screen! Have I disactived this somehow?  Also, following Hunters advice, I can successfully edit/delete MY messages - but not ones from others who have posted on my FORUM. 

When I click the down arrow next to the 'reply' button,  All I get is a small panel come up with 'message actions ' but tapping it (I use a phone) has no effect - it's dead. Any suggestions? 

Thanks. Dambuster. 

gunter

Aug-30

Dambuster2 is a recently opened account, don't see anyone else posting in your forum yet. Where are you not able to edit others.

In reply toRe: msg 7

Hi Gunter,

Just reading your reply (thanks) might hold the answer.

I sort of changed accounts as I thought my friend had closed my original one... then I saw my original one still open and jumped back on board - with my new account under the name "Dambuster 2". 

This is probably why I can't 'control' old messages posted from visitors.

Maybe I should try re-opening with my original identity.

I'll give it a go - thanks for taking a look, I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers!

Dambuster. 

In reply toRe: msg 7

Dambuster here,

I've tried logging into my Delphi account using various names and passwords - to no avail.

I can only log in using the new account that I've set up, imaginatively called "Dambuster2" .

Even so, using a recent post from a member I still got only the "message action " NOTICE below the (reply) down arrow button... so I couldn't delete his message even if I wanted to. ... I can, however, do this to my own messages.

Can you provide me with the details I need to have continued control of my FORUM as I feel like I might be just a visitor? Please confirm.

Thanks Dambuster 

Please help!

gunter

Aug-30

Which name did you use for the other account, what is the name showing on the message to you? That's the name you need to log in with if you own or have Controls in the forum.

• Edited August 30, 2021 9:34 pm  by  gunter