Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Issue with color and fonts.   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Sep-19 by queenlightning; 788 views.
queenlightning

Sep-19

Hi I am working on the queen of hearts start page room and my color and fonts are stuck and I have been trying to up date them for three days. I can see the changes that I want to make but no changes are occurring and I have tried it on my home computer and my phone.  The colors I am trying to are on my chat page and are shown below and its a dark brown. Any help any of you all can give me is greatly appreciated.

Use this page to customize the way colors and fonts appear in your forum. These controls are for advanced users only. If you are not familiar with Cascading Style Sheets, seek assistance before using this page.

To change colors, use the 'Pick Color' link or enter the color code in the corresponding text box. To further customize each item, you can enter CSS code in the 'Extra CSS' box to the right of the color selection. For example, if you want 'Link Text' to use the color code 000099 and italicized and bold, you would enter '000099' into the first 'Link Text' box, and 'font-style: italic; font-weight: bold' into the second 'Link Text' box.

Refer to the diagram at the bottom of the page to see which item you're changing.

After making your color change(s), be sure to click the submit button at the bottom of the page.

General
Link Text (What's this)   Pick Color Extra CSS
Visited Link (What's this)   Pick Color Extra CSS
Confirmation Text
(e.g. error messages, confirmation messages...) (What's this)
  Pick Color Extra CSS
Message Page Module Shade
(Toolbar at bottom of messages and Account Controls panel) (What's this)

Selected Tab & Section Title Text
(Extra CSS is for section title only) (What's this)
  Pick Color Extra CSS
Selected Tab & Section Title Background
(Extra CSS is for section title background only.) (What's this)
  Pick Color Extra CSS
Forum Name Text
(the name of your forum as it appears above the
navigation tabs) (What's this)
  Pick Color Extra CSS
Forum Name Background (
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
WALTER784

Sep-19

Two things to remember:

1) Sometimes, changes to pages may take a little bit of time before you can actually see the changes.

2) Browsers often cache pages locally and thus even though you may have made a change on your actual site, your browser may still be showing a cached version of the previous page before you modified it. As such, clear all historical data in your browser and then refresh the page.

FWIW

queenlightning

Sep-19

Thank you so much Ill try that and see if it will work and Ill let you now.

In reply toRe: msg 3
queenlightning

Sep-19

Im now having problems with my messages not allowing me to respond to people who are and who are not on my friends list.  The messages won't even open up or their isn't  a button to reply to those messages. I've tried it on several different browsers and I am hhaving the same issue. 

Kidmagnet

Sep-19

I've sent you one -see if you can reply.

queenlightning

Sep-19

No I can't just a clear screen is popping open with no place to type or no place to return the message.

Kidmagnet

Sep-19

This forum https://forums.delphiforums.com/tc-bifemlounge/start

Are the fonts figured out now? I see blue - you also need to make the change on the CSS editor. If someone else has installed your theme (I see the images there are hosted by Heavn) please ask her to make the change for you. 

IfI have the wrong forum ignore all this and link me to it please lol

Kidmagnet

Sep-19

** Queen - I am experiencing a lot of lagging right now on Delphi - it might be that is why your Chat window will not load.

Maybe wait and see and if it does not work again later try my advice below

Can you try a different browser? Log in by typing delphiforums.com into the address bar instead of using a link - them use the login button there and try the PMs.

If we can narrow down the problem to your browser we can probably get it working again quicker :)

• Edited September 19, 2021 2:20 pm  by  Kidmagnet
queenlightning

Sep-19

The issue I am having on the chat page its all brown and I am trying change message header background and  message body background to a light coral instead of brown.

queenlightning

Sep-19

Ive tried all three of my browers hun and none of them are working.