Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Odd nics on Visitor Log   Everything Else

Started Oct-5 by Risa (Risa25); 518 views.
Risa (Risa25)

Oct-5

Not sure where to post this but found this in my VL today.  "Bdolf" and the dot/line beneath it were created today at approx 4 in the morning ET  but otherwise don't seem to exist and it won't let me lock them out.  Do I have a troll/hacker/whatever?  Thanks! 

Risa  DelphiPlusMember Icon  1:18 pm 
wicked19720  9:47 am 
Bdolf  5:51 am 
.  4:01 am 
pom_44  DelphiPlusMember Icon  Oct-4 
Pinklove1992  Oct-4 
Diva  DelphiPlusMember Icon  Oct-4 
Angelina75  Oct-4 
rosalind33  Oct-4 
Roberto59  Oct-3 

Invite Friends
  Show More Visitors
In reply toRe: msg 1
Risa (Risa25)

Oct-5

Just discovered that dot/underline is someone who calls himself .[removed].  any help appreciated; have had trouble with him before.

• Edited October 5, 2021 1:53 pm  by  gunter
gunter

Oct-5

Just like the other names in the list, click to open the Profile which shows the membername in ().

You should be able to lock out in Set Privileges ... just the name without the dots or ().

• Edited October 5, 2021 2:04 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 3
Risa (Risa25)

Oct-5

Gunter, I tried that but it said he is not a member of this forum any more.  Somehow he manages to get in.  Will try again thanks though

In reply toRe: msg 4
Risa (Risa25)

Oct-5

Tried again and it let me find him but said No changes made.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also Bdolf became a member at 5:42 but visited my room at 5:41 and I don't know how that's possible unless he's doing something nefarious.

gunter

Oct-5

Your doing this in Controls, Forum Management,  Set Privileges. Type in the membername there, no spaces, no space before or after, just the letters. Press Search to get the screen to set Privileges. Does that work for you?

System shows 5:41 on the other account, strange and blaming cosmic rays unless there are more reports like this.

. (RabidWulf)

Oct-5

Risa (Risa25) said...

Not sure where to post this but found this in my VL today.  "Bdolf" and the dot/line beneath it were created today at approx 4 in the morning ET  but otherwise don't seem to exist and it won't let me lock them out.  Do I have a troll/hacker/whatever?  Thanks! 

Risa  DelphiPlusMember Icon  1:18 pm 
wicked19720  9:47 am 
Bdolf  5:51 am 
.  4:01 am 
pom_44  DelphiPlusMember Icon  Oct-4 
Pinklove1992  Oct-4 
Diva  DelphiPlusMember Icon  Oct-4 
Angelina75  Oct-4 
rosalind33  Oct-4 
Roberto59  Oct-3 

Invite Friends
  Show More Visitors

"""Bdolf" and the dot/line beneath it were created today at approx 4 in the morning ET""

Check my profile and you will see this statement be incorrect
on my part (.)

""Do I have a troll/hacker/whatever? ""
Using (.) as my nickname does NOT make me any of the above!  That would be like me saying the nickname "Risa" must be a "troll/hacker/whatever".  I simply entered your forum from the chat listing.. as it seems several others have done.. out of curiosity .. new chat listed.. check the forum out.  If I had been more alert, I would have realized the forum was NOT intended for males (which isn't indicted in the chat name).. and I would never have clicked upon that particular chat.  (Just in case your are not aware of the fact, unfortunately some men do sometimes have need of such a forum.)

Please do be aware that sometimes a person can and does aim to click on a particular chat and misfires, hitting the one above or below the one aimed at.

Your forum has already been deleted from my 'recently visited' list.. with no intentions o
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 6
. (RabidWulf)

Oct-5

gunter said...

Your doing this in Controls, Forum Management,  Set Privileges. Type in the membername there, no spaces, no space before or after, just the letters. Press Search to get the screen to set Privileges. Does that work for you?

System shows 5:41 on the other account, strange and blaming cosmic rays unless there are more reports like this.

**System shows 5:41 on the other account, strange and blaming cosmic rays unless there are more reports like this.**

Have noticed this several times when checking profiles.. This isn't a recent happening either... but didn't see a need for it to change.. I mean, lucky is he who can gain an extra minute of life.  As for a 'fix' please don't consider this as a report.  You .. most often.. have far more important issues to 'fix' :)

. (RabidWulf)

Oct-5

Risa (Risa25) said...

Just discovered that dot/underline is someone who calls himself .[removed].  any help appreciated; have had trouble with him before.

**have had trouble with him before**
Once again, an incorrect statement.. unless you use a number of other member names?  Or I have a good/bad case of the dumbs LOL.  Don't recall having ever met and shared, have we?  If we have, please don't see my not remembering you as an insult.. that is definitely NOT intended!

BTW.. fantastic job on your start page(your art?)!!!  DO keep up the good work!   << intended as a compliment as I have viewed posts where you requested help/answers to make your own/or continue making.  That is the only way  I can recall knowing OF you.. through your posts.. mostly  here :)

Risa (Risa25)

Oct-5

Very new at this (my first forum!) and must have mistaken you for someone else, my apologies!  I feel like I'm learning to drive again, but navigating the internet is nearly as scary.  Yesterday was hearing rumours of Facebook being taken down by a hacker, and if it can happen to them, thought it might be someone trying it with my forum.  Again, apologies for mistaking you for a threat.  Thanks for your good wishes for my new forum.