Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wordfilter glitch?   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Dec-1 by Laura (LJOHNS); 334 views.
Laura (LJOHNS)

Dec-1

A member posted a message in my forum and the word "feedback" shows as a filtered word.    It is not in my filtered word list and I have no idea why or how it's being censored.    This is the thread: 

http://forums.delphiforums.com/bully/messages/?msg=221728.1

gunter

Dec-1

So I really had to read through all those filtered words in you list to get to the bottom. Note * means any combo of letters in that spot.

Staff doesn't get filtered so it wouldn't work on you.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Laura (LJOHNS)

Dec-1

Sorry you had to read through all of that mess.  lol...      

>>>Note * means any combo of letters in that spot.>>>

I don't know what this means.   I don't have the word "feedback" in the word filter.   So is this a glitch or
have I done something to cause it?   If I caused it what can I do to fix it?   Thanks!   

gunter

Dec-1

Feedback ... take out most of the letters in the middle and replace them with an * and you have one of the words at the bottom of your filter list.

WALTER784

Dec-4

A four letter word that begins with f and ends with k was your intention, but the * in the middle includes multiple characters and thus feedback falls within that range. You might consider changing it to the actual word you want filtered or at least use f??k instead of f*k.

FWIW