Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Change to embedded links   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Mar-28 by Showtalk; 5096 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

This isn’t a bug but it now it appears that when you embed an article into the end of post in a Zeta forum after writing text, the article always embeds above the text.  This is extremely frustrating as I often use the article as an example of my text, not the other way around. Was something changed in the coding to push embeds to the top of a post?

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

I meant to post to you.  I first noticed this about a week ago.

gunter

Mar-28

I'm not seeing that happening? Do you see this when you first enter the embed link or does it move up when you post the message?

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

I write the text first, which I’m doing now, then space down and embed the link.  It used to go where the cursor was.  Now once I embed it, I see the blue working line jump to the top of the message and the article appears there.  

I see it happened again. The paragraph above this one was typed before I added the article.  (Looks like Will Smith is today’s big news).

gunter

Mar-28

Weird. I tried it with Firefox?

In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

Safari here and it doesn’t work. It did prior to last week.  I had an operating system update.  I’m not sure why that would affect placement but maybe it did.

• Edited March 28, 2022 10:46 pm  by  Showtalk
gunter

Mar-29

Does it make a difference if you click below the typed part before embedding?

In reply toRe: msg 7
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

I do click below it and no, it doesn’t make a difference. Nothing I have tried works.  If the website reply window coding hasn’t changed it could be my update. Nothing else has changed that I know of.

gunter

Mar-30

wondering if it's happening to anyone else ...

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-30

I don’t know. I can ask on Service.