Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat Glitch?   Chat

Started Aug-8 by Gaelspirit; 226 views.
Gaelspirit

Aug-8

Hi..in three different forums I help manage we have a member whose chat box disappears at times, or she is unable to see what she is typing, so then has to leave chat to reboot and come back. She uses a Samsung chromebook and chrome as her browser. Another member has the same thing happen occasionally and she uses an Apple laptop with Safari as a browser. Leaves chat and comes back in and then it's fine. Any thoughts?

gunter

Aug-8

Nothing obvious immediately and don't see other reports like this. All I can think of is they're losing connection when this happens.  Suggest trying another browser to see if it's  limited to a specific one.

More details on exactly what was being posted, what was on the screen, may help.

Kidmagnet

Aug-9

Ask them about Ad blocker use as well. If they disable it for Delphi and all is well then... well TADA!  
Ad Blockers work by blocking a script from running and that might be enough of a hiccup to lose connection with the chat server. 

Gaelspirit

Aug-9

Okay thanx..I really don't think that is an issue, but will ask.