Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Promos and PMs   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 2/6/18 by Hummingbird (GAHummer); 3072 views.
Kakes2

2/11/18

Cstar1 said:

Unfortunately, unless we can see it and reproduce it, there's little chance we can do anything about fixing it. 

I see two ways this can be accomplished and surprised you have not thought of this yourself.  You are staff and should be thinking of ways to help resolve issues.  Anyway,  first suggestion:  Do you not have private conversations of your own that you can test this out?  I cannot be the only one this is happening to.  If you need further explanation of my experience I will be happy to further explain.  Second suggestion:  Send me a PM and we will have a private conversation and test this out , this way we can test the same conversation on both ends and you will have a link to show Delphi techs so they can see what I am talking about.

Believe my I do understand and know there are "visual" learners out there and it is easier to see than work out what someone is talking about.  However, computer techs should be smart enough to understand "this does not work all the time".  If not, maybe they need to look into another line of work.

Worker's Motto: "Do it right the first time!"

gunter

2/11/18

I suspect Cstar was thinking messages, not the PMs we're talking about.

I can't open any Profiles at all from PMs.  Notifications do have the membernames hot, but I need to right-click and Open in New Window.

still needs work ...

gunter said:

I suspect Cstar was thinking messages, not the PMs we're talking about.

Thanks - there's already a little rumor running around the new PM's are public

They are not - I have checked and checked and there is NO link to a Private Message - there ARE ID numbers (which is great cause THOSE we can report) but no way for us to post a link to anything PM related.

Grabs TLW and SQUASHES out another rumor. Muwhahahahahaha

Kakes2

2/11/18

Ok thank you gunter.  Let me know if you want me to test anything. 

gunter said:

Notifications do have the membernames hot, but I need to right-click and Open in New Window. still needs work ...

He's referring (I think) to emailed notifications of CC and @ mentions (which are also Notifications)

Kakes2

2/11/18

I now believe my original request is being muddled with messages and notifications.  I only saw an issue with Private Message conversations.   While I think it is wise to look at everything,  message board messages, notifications CC and @ mentions,  my main concern on my original post was private message conversations, and no one has addressed that except you.  So Please, I hope both gunter and Cstar get back on track on getting the techs to include private messages conversations, along with message board messages, and notifications.

Thank you :)

@gunter  @Cstar1

• Edited February 11, 2018 4:33 pm  by  Kakes2
RedBV

2/11/18

Ran into this as well . . . no longer able to access profiles from the senders icon . . . 

Gunter understood he was just adding in. They were working so it just needs adjusting. Most likely after the weekend. 

Kakes2

2/11/18

Ok, I understand.  Thank you.

In reply toRe: msg 28
Kakes2

2/11/18

Thank you for confirming someone else has the same issue.