Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bot setup   Chat

Started 2/13/18 by Cindy (Cindy4Jesus); 1161 views.
gunter

2/13/18

Have you looked in Controls, Chat, then Chat Bots and Games?

More details here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts/messages?msg=28186.1

let us know how it goes ...

also:  @ShortySis

4:53 PM

Cindy4Jesus is trying to get free bot in room Christian-R-Us. I'm an op there she having problems can u help her out thanks.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cindy (Cindy4Jesus)

2/14/18

Hi gunter,

When I switch to zeta it doesn't allow me to switch over. But yet it leaves message that I am in zeta mode. Not sure what is going on with that part.

Thanks for the link but I will have to figure out this other first. I have switch many times in the past but it is not working now.

I would say it is not going LOL.

Cstar1
Staff

2/14/18

Hi Cindy -

Your forum is in Zeta.

I went ahead and enabled a Welcome bot in your chat room. You can change that to a different bot, or add a welcome message. 

In your Controls, go to Chat > Chat Bots and Games

Go to change or Remove to change or remove the bot, or to Settings to add a greeting from the bot. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
Cindy (Cindy4Jesus)

2/14/18

My forum is in Zeta but visually it remains in custom. Do I have to keep my forum in Zeta mode for it to use Bot? When I look at my theme it has the look of custom theme. I see in the post you provided that changes are made in the zeta format but I have none. Because the view is still showing in custom the old format.

gunter

2/14/18

Have you tried reloading the page to see the change to Zeta? If needed, log out and close the browser before taking another looik.

You can switch back to Classic now that the bot is installed  and the bot will still continue working.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cindy (Cindy4Jesus)

2/14/18

I have not tired logging out but I will now. But to control/ or change the bot... I have to be in the zeta mode then switch back to classic?

Do you want your forum to be in Zeta or Classic? You only need Zeta view to enable the bots, after that Classic is fine.

In Zeta look for Chatbots and Games, then choose a room

After you have chosen a room, select a bot

Then you can click on settings to choose your scoring options

gunter

2/14/18

Right. To control the bot you need to be in Zeta, then you can switch.

Cindy (Cindy4Jesus)

2/14/18

Thanks for all the info but my forum was in Zeta but it will not show Zeta format. I think it is something to do with the codes The Theme Team uses. Anyhow can someone put the scramble bot in my chat room? Maybe you will see Zeta format when you look. Also, can you have another chat room added and add bot... or only one bot per forum?

gunter

2/14/18

This is

http://forums.delphiforums.com/christiansrus

[ignore, see next message]

• Edited February 14, 2018 11:30 am  by  gunter