Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat room being held hostage by TROLL   Chat

Started 11/6/18 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 2377 views.
In reply toRe: msg 7
sweethearts4u71

11/21/18

ok thank you.. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/21/18

that not what I'm talking about Gunter. What I'm asking is WHY in the world does Delphi allow anyone to have so many accounts with Delphi?

Even on a free account don't people have to give you valid information concerning themselves prior to being able to open an account,  for every account that they want to open?~ like their real name & everything else that's required for a paid for use account? ( Or something alone that lines )  Certainly it's not to much to ask for that information?  Maybe the ONLY way to prevent the Trolls from holding peoples Forums HOSTAGE is to require that information???

I don't know the answers but Moderation doesn't really help in the chat room. My Forum is on Moderation and I still have a lot of problems from time to time~ yes it's much better now than it was 15 years ago and I do thank Delphi for the help it has given us with the tools we now have BUT there really needs to be something else that the Forum owners could do to prevent these attacks. ( Or stop them quicker when they do happen )

Sassy

gunter

11/22/18

This has been a problem for ever. Free accounts have no way to check personal info ... It's not feasible  to send out agents to people's homes or have them submit documentation or drop by our office with passports to make sure they are who they say they are before allowing them to log in. Some rooms also play games with multiple IDs and want the ability to create new accounts quickly.

We had a category where forums allowed only paying members, but that wasn't popular. Private forums give you max control if desired. You can't have an open forum with easy access without some problems.

Cstar1
Staff

11/22/18

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

Moderation doesn't really help in the chat room. My Forum is on Moderation and I still have a lot of problems from time to time

Have you put the chat room itself on moderation?

Or instituted a waiting period for the forum, which should also handle chat?

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/24/18

NOW i see why there is a problem. Thank you for explaining it so clearly it helps us as Forum owners to understand why things are as they are. Now I can explain it to my members if you don't mind me quoting you in my Forum of course?

One more question which has to do with the order that the chat rooms are displayed in.

I asked for a chat room to be set up for Animal Trivia by a staff member, not knowing that it would change the order of the chat rooms. I have always had the MAIN Chat room listed first so people could join us easily now~ the MAIN chat room is listed second  in the list. Is there anyway the GAME rooms can be moved to right under the Main chat room without starting all over again to get the order correct again?

web tag: comfortplace

Thanks so much,

Sassy  *Hearts That Hear* Mental Health Support

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/24/18

I'll check out these settings and let you know what I find. Thanks for the help its very much appreciated!

Sassy

gunter

11/24/18

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

One more question which has to do with the order that the chat rooms are displayed in.

Don't recall this coming up before and don't know of a way to sort them in the forum. They look to be showing with the last room created on top.

The chat listing on our front page orders the various rooms by the number of chatters.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/24/18

If I delete the Animal Trivia chat room then will my main chat room revert back to the top?

I've always had the main chat room as the first choice for 19 years now and I have had people clicking the wrong room all evening.

Uggg It seems silly to me that you can't change the order of the rooms and the only way to fix it is to start completely over with everything simply so the rooms show up in the correct location.

This is a pain in the behind.

Sassy

gunter

11/24/18

Doesn't seem to be any other way.

give it a try and let us know how it goes ....

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/24/18

To be clear Sassy is referring to the list of rooms on her forum.

I think they list alphabetically, I changed the name of the new room in Zeta view so it was *Hearts* Trivia-Animals but it did not immediately resort. I deleted it for now and if Sassy gives the OK I'll try again when they are not holding an active chat (and let you know if that's the ticket)