Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

'Post New' and 'Reply' in Classic forums   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 11/11/18 by Dara (AHFan); 1085 views.
gunter

11/11/18

Try this: Log out, close browser, then go to log in on this page

https://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums

and use the links on that page to go to your forums.

let us know how it goes ....

Dara (AHFan)

11/11/18

That's exactly what I've been doing, however, I did copy your link and saved it in faves under a new name.  

Didn't work.  Very odd.  :(

In reply toRe: msg 10
Dara (AHFan)

11/11/18

Okay Delphi Forums...
I've done everything you've suggested.  I still cannot post "New".  

Why is Delphi's IT dept having so much trouble?   If this is their way of forcing everyone to convert over to Zeta, it appears (from all the messages here) it's not going to work.  Zeta is NOT an improvement.  It's nothing more than the new guy wanting to put his "stamp" on Delphi.  Newsflash, buddy:  Just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Please Fix this!

gunter

11/11/18

Dara (AHFan) said:

Didn't work. Very odd.

Odd indeed. A further step is to delete browsing history after logging out.

If possible also try a different browser as a test, that may help isolating the problem.

Always log in using https in front.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/11/18

Delphi does not have a new guy... just an old guy.

lol lol lol

(Hope he's not reading this but if he is, I mean old in the sense you designed the original site so... ya know, older than a new guy :D sir)

If you are using IE make sure delphiforums.com is not on the compatibility list.

Instructions here https://www.delphiforums.com/support/cmode.htm

If you are using Edge, try another browser and make sure you do not click on anything IE says you need for delphi (it adds it to compatibility view) if that's your only other browser.

Dara (AHFan)

11/12/18

Gunter,
It's working at the moment.  I switched to chrome last night.
I just don't understand why IT has made it so difficult.  What could be done in one step, now has to be done in two or three.  flushed

Dara (AHFan)

11/12/18

Kid,
I switched to Chrome last night... then went to bed.
Tell the old guy that the way he built it ten years ago was perfect.  No need for him to reinvent the wheel.  speak_no_evil

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/12/18

I just realized you meant in this forum (where you have Zeta?) I think you did anyway.... the old guy put an option for you to see most Zeta forums as Classic on your Preferences page (however make sure Classic works properly first lol)

Dara (AHFan) said:

way he built it ten years ago was perfect

The Classic interface is.... more like 20 yrs old (@gunter - close-ish? It predates me anyhoo)

Hope Chrome works for you!

gunter

11/12/18

closer to 25 years I think?

Walt, do you have the details?

CC to WaltHowe