Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

If My Wizard Retires ???   Administrative Issues

Started 3/25/19 by Asst. Mgr. (JEANNE2079); 647 views.

If our site Wizard retires and no one else volunteers to take over the helm will my assistant manager position remain with the forum?  I am a "grandfathered" in Delphi Advanced member of 18 years.

gunter

3/25/19

If the Wiz does not renew DelphiPlus, the forum drops premium options including having active controls for staff such as Assistant. If it's a private forum, members will lose access.

The Wiz can transfer the forum to you, ask us to do it, but it will not have premium options such as colors, chat, staff, since that takes a DelphiPlus membership.

let us know how it goes ...

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

3/26/19

to add to Gunter's advice, that is why we urge hosts to designate a host "just in case" and write to Gunter or Walt and let them know your wishes and or write about it in your forum.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Yes, we have two private forums.  We were forced to take that position due to excessive trolling and possible data mining by hundreds of "unknowns" accessing our forums.

So, if I correctly understand what you stated, even if my Wizard transfers the forums to me (and even if I upgraded from Advanced to Extra) and I could "manage" with less controls, all our members would lose access to all of the forum because there is no Wiz?

gunter

3/30/19

Right. You would need to upgrade to DelphiPlus, then transfer to you, to make private forums work.

In reply toRe: msg 5
RCBZ

4/18/19

What about old private forums that were plus forums where the host has been absent for years and they don't answer emails to the addy listed. I was pretty active and there's a lot of stuff in there that some of the old timers would like to see again for the history. I even have an unread message in one that shows next to it. I can't remember the group codes though

In reply toRe: msg 6
gunter

4/18/19

I'm afraid there's nothing to be done with old abandoned private forums until someday they'll get wiped when there is a cleanup.  It takes the Host's permission to make any changes.

It's a good idea for Hosts to plan ahead and let us know what is the happen in cases like this, especially in active forums.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/19/19

gunter said:

I'm afraid there's nothing to be done with old abandoned private forums until someday they'll get wiped when there is a cleanup. It takes the Host's permission to make any changes.

That's good to hear.

In reply toRe: msg 7
RCBZ

4/22/19

Thanks...I guess I'll keep trying to contact them...I have old computers I can check for emails and invites.