Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stuck nick   Chat

Started Jul-1 by isabella555; 728 views.
isabella555

Jul-2

I agree, kid. Once again, VicNep3 has appeared on the visitor's list, hasn't been in the room since I messaged him, but still has not replied, so I have no idea if he's logged out completely and rebooted as suggested. It's frustrating, I'm really hoping delphi techs can find a way to help him and his clones out for me? Thanks.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-2

He's only appearing on the visitor list daily like this because his nick is stuck in chat. His last login was June 17 so he may not be seeing your PMs - perhaps try the email link in his profile? http://profiles.delphiforums.com/VicNep3

I think gunter already requested a chat server reboot so perhaps wait until mid morning and see it Vic's ghost nicks are gone?

isabella555

Jul-2

Ok, will do, ty for your help, kid.

Els (misselsa)

Jul-3

I was following this discussion and I wonder if a chat server reboot has the same effect on the trivia bot as closing the chatroom and open a new one.

gunter

Jul-3

Both the chat and bot servers have now been restarted.

making sure ... we're talking about the bots we supply, not other third party ones ...

Els (misselsa)

Jul-3

Isabella was talking about another trivia bot, not the one Delphi supplies. That was why she didn't want to close the room. I hope her nicknames in chat problem is solved :)

gunter

Jul-3

The bot needs to reconnect and log in again,  the supplier should have a provision for when a reboot happens.

isabella555

Jul-3

Hi gunter, thanks for requesting a reboot, just letting you know that the nick/s are still stuck :(  

gunter

Jul-3

Sorry to hear. I'll let tech know.

isabella555

Jul-3

Thanks, gunter.