Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Massive spam attack   Administrative Issues

Started Jan-19 by Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 1465 views.
YWN666

Feb-20

Yes, I put the forum on moderation and check the que multiple times a day.  We've had a few troublemakers but the BOZO setting makes them lose interest and go away.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-21

Perfect solution! I'm happy your not having further issues. Life's to short to fret over things you can't do anything about that's for sure.

Tc, Sassy

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-23

Someone heck bent on explaining the meaning of life is prolifically going through opening accounts and reposting this message to all and sundry. What would ToS like us to do about them (from our end?)

Most messages are getting caught up in moderation, but not all forums use it.  Last night as I reported this as spam to a forum host I mentor the spammer opened a new account to reply to me how they were not spam - so, they are fairly attentive. I had not even restricted the first account. So either someone else had (and their account did not have any site wide restrictions either) or they just assumed so and opened a new account.

They cannot actually be using legit email accounts. I thought Delphi filtered out those temp email addresses?

Anyhoo - can we just PM you the member name and add - spamming the meaning of life or do we have to have the full message or are they spammers even breaking a Delphi ToS?

(asking on behalf of my mentorees)

gunter

Feb-23

Kidmagnet said:

They cannot actually be using legit email accounts.

Some people are resourceful  ... PM the name(s) and we can check more.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-23

OK thanks I think you have whacked the current ones. I'll PM you any new ones.

Jodi (JODIMH3)

Mar-1

We've had two of these "meaning of life" messages in the last few weeks. I got one tonight and I told him to go away. He then posted a filthy reply to me, which, of course, I deleted, and I locked him out. Then another one popped up.

I've asked my editors to watch for them, and I'll keep locking them out. I don't think they're Hare Krishnas, just nasty trolls.

(Advice Columns Fanatics forum)

Pardon me for butting in;  I've had those too too, I don't say a word, I just lock out with no warning and delete the message.  :)   

WaltHowe
Staff

Mar-1

It is helpful if you drop a note with membernames to tos@delphiforiums.com or send me or Gunter a message. We can nuke the messages for everybody if we know the names. The spammers are adroit at changing IP and email addresses so we may not recognize them until after they post a lot.