Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat bots off line   Chat

Started Jan-20 by Kidmagnet; 521 views.
Risa (Risa25)

Jan-20

Hi! my bot is MIA and I don't know how to remove and reinstall it--this is my first ever room.  Help please?  Chat is called Safe Haven. Bot only in the main room. Thanks!!!

gunter

Jan-20

Bot controls work with the forum set to Zeta.

Upgrade to Zeta in the center panel when you first enter Controls.  Under Chat, Chat Bots And Games, you'll see your room listed with the Welcome Bot. 

Click on Change or Remove, pick None and Save.

Then under Available Rooms assign the bot again and Save.

You can switch the forum back to Classic in the center panel after first clicking on the Controls tab again.

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 3
Risa (Risa25)

Jan-20

OK, set it to Zeta then looked in Chat and ALL the possible things settings, management, customisation, reports, promotion etc but did not find anything that says Chat Bots and Games.  What am I doing wrong? is it possible for one of you to reset it for me?  I had someone add the bot when I created the room.  I looked under chat set up but nothing there about bots either.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Risa (Risa25)

Jan-20

Ok, the problem was you don't just change it over to Zeta. You have to find where it says preview what your room would LOOK like in Zeta format and click on THAT, then you go to chat and find bots and games. Otherwise it won't appear.  When you give instructions to a non-techie, please try to be more precise exactly what you want us to do; it makes a difference.  Thanks for help my bot is back now.

gunter

Jan-21

Checking more I see you have Preferences set to see Zeta as Classic which adds the extra step you discovered.

Good to hear you found it.

queenlightning

Jan-22

Hello Red_bedhead, who has covid, has asked me to set up her bot at the republic of chat. I have controls on her room and I tried to set the room to zeta mode but it says I have insufficient privileges. Can someone reset Reds bot for her room thank you since she is sick and cannot do it?

In reply toRe: msg 8
queenlightning

Jan-22

Thank you Gunther I'll let her know.